3. Majesty of the Seas
We chose this cruise primarily because we wanted to go to Cuba! Day 1 - we were scheduled to sail at 4:00,but wanted to get on board as soon as possible, so we were at the port at 9:15. At 9:30, we were allowed to head on in and get the registration process taken care of. It was very easy.....we simply handed over the paperwork we had already filled out, answered a question about any recent illness, had our picture taken and were on our way! We were ushered to a seating area and waited for about 30 minutes......meeting some very nice people during our wait...…..and then it was time to board! We had checked all of our bags, so we didn't have any luggage to drag around (*A quick note about this.....when we arrived by Uber at the terminal, we were met by a guy with a cart who loaded up our luggage and took it away. We rode the escalator up to where you enter and found that some people were already there - with all of their luggage. They ended up having to take it back down and it was confusing for them. So, make sure to find someone to take your luggage before getting on the escalator!!. ) We were greeted by several staff as we boarded and we decided to tour the ship and find a snack. They had a full blown sail away buffet at the Windjammer & we had multiple food choices! In comparison to Carinival, the food is much better!!! At 1:00, they announcstied that our rooms were ready, so we headed up to deck 9. Our luggage was still in the hall, but just steps from our cabin. Ida, our room attendant, was great. Friendly, helpful and always had a smile on his face. After unpacking, we headed to the Schooner Bar for a drink. I can't say enough about the service on this ship. From the minute we boarded, we were continuously greeted by our names and they remembered what drinks we liked.....I don't know how they do it. Eduardo, Deepan and KoKo were amazing and took great care of us! We had early dining, so we changed and headed to the dining room. The food was delicious ! We didn't have anything we didn't like. I even tried the escargot one night...….I would order it again! After dinner we checked out the comedy show, watched some Karokee, checked out the sail away pool party and then decided we needed a midnight snack. Important - Deck 12 - it will be your best friend! Sorrentos always had great pizza - and always 4-5 different kinds! And, most importantly, it was good! I remember not liking the Pizza on Carnival at all, but this was very good! Then, just around the corner is the Compass Deli, also open late. Taco and Nacho bar everynight, plus sandwiches and pastries. You will not go hungry on this ship!! Another important note....we got the unlimited drink package....it was a great decision for us. Our soft drink cup was in our room when we arrived, and our sea pass card had a sticker that alerted the bars that we had unlimited drinks. We had no issues whatsoever with it and were very glad we got it. Day 2 - Key West. We were not supposed to dock until 1:00, but got there early, so we were off the boat by 12:30. Before getting off the boat, we attended a Cuba Q&A & found it to be very informative! I would recommend going! We had all been to Key West before and done all the tourist stuff, so we just walked a little, rented an electric car and went to the beach and had some conch fritters. I like Key West, but it's just sooooo crowded. We drove by the Southern Most Point and there must have been 50 people in a line waiting for a photo. We headed back to the boat and hung out in the Schnooner Bar for a while. We enjoyed listening to Kim at the Piano bar later in the evening. And, again back to deck 12 where the midnight snacks were! Day 3 - Cuba! We didnt plan a shore excursion, we just wanted to tour on our own and had no problems at all. We had not planned to head out until 9:00 ish, but they made an annoucement at 7:30 that the Empress of the Seas was pulling in and that customs might get a little chaotic, so we headed on out. Going through customs was quick and easy, changing money took no time at all and we were quickly wandering around the streets of Havana. As an army brat, I spent some time in Turkey in the mid 70's and it was like I was back there again.....the smells, the vendors, the buildings.......very nostalgic! The people were welcoming and friendly. We ended up walking about 10 miles, stopped for a snack, stopped for a drink in the hotel Hemmingway used to haunt and then made our way back to the boat. It was a great adventure.....somewhere I have wanted to go for a long time. The next time I go, I will book an overnight in Havana so I can see the show at the Tropicana. We were parked next to the Empress of the Seas and I was admittedly jealous to watch them heading out at 7:00 pm to the city and the shows while I was getting ready to sail away. Day 4 - Day at Sea. Always an easy, breezy day. Shawn at the bar in the Windjammer had a Bloody Mary bar set up, so we had a few and lounged in the sun for a while. We had lunch in the dining room and the salad bar was in one word AMAZING! I've never had anyone prepare a salad like that for me before! So many things to choose from and apparently it is only at lunch in the dining room! I wish I had found out before the last day of the cruise! After lunch, we lounged in the sun some more, napped a little and had a late dinner in the Windjammer. Headed back to our cabin to pack.....always sad and depressing, and got to bed for an early departure the next morning. Day 5 - Heading home. We did self service disembark and were on our way at 7:15 ish. Waited in line for maybe 10 minutes and then rolled through customs and headed to the airport. Made it to Atlanta easily enough but then the storms had rolled in so we were delayed in getting on the plane to Chattanooga. Finally boarded and sat on the tarmac for 2 hours for a 20 minute flight! The joys of travel! Can't wait to do it again! Final thoughts: This was our 3rd cruise - the firsts 2 were on Carnival ships. Would I cruise Royal Carribean again - absolutely! The Majesty is an older ship, but she has held up well. I found her to be sparkly clean and well maintained. They layout is not as open as a larger ship and I confess to getting turned around a couple of times, but nothing that would deter me from sailing on her again. I can't say enough about the service on this ship. Patricio, the cruise director, was funny, engergetic, informative and super friendly! Everyone was! If you have the opportunity, take the Majesty of the Seas and go to Havana.....you won't reget it!!

Key West & Havana

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by CathyandJim

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Spacious Ocean View
We chose this cruise primarily because we wanted to go to Cuba!

CathyandJim’s Full Rating Summary

Spacious Ocean View
Cabin 2M 9522
Lots of room and we had a small sofa and a fridge in the room. Closet was big enough to hold both mine and hubbys clothes and we had under cabinet storage and several drawers as well. Bathroom was a typical ship bathroom.....just big enough with no room to spare!
Deck 9 Outside Cabins