3. Viking Gefjon
My husband and I were recommended this cruise by friends. Things did not flow quite as well as it had been planned as no rain meant very low water levels. So low in fact that at one point of the Rhine we could have walked across the river! Despite this our trip got off to a fun start in Amsterdam - originally the port to board our ship we ended up staying at the Hilton for an extra two nights before bus travel to Cologne and a quirky quarry where we boarded the Gefjon. Explanations and support was offered all the way to keep us informed of river levels and changes that might/did occur. I am an experienced traveller and also involved at times moving large groups of people on excursions and across countries - Well done to our Cruise Director and his amazing team. As a travel coordinator on the other side of the world I know how hard this is. There are always people that gripe about changes etc I feel very strongly that we got the best trip available. Our cabin was clean and well serviced ( twice a day). The food was always of a high standard with plenty of options available. We did not purchase the drink package and had no worries about any additional alcohol we purchased. The trips we went on were interesting and well explained in the brochure we had previously selected from. We did have to change one of our daily trips but this was dealt to quick and efficiently by the desk staff. We also required a health professional at one point and this was arranged for us as well. The Cruise Director for our trip ( Kane) was fantastic, an entertainer and organiser you should be proud of. Thank you again Viking for the fun and adventure, the wonderful new friends we met, the places we explored and the service we received. We ventured from the furtherest part of the world to sail with you and despite the hiccups would definitely do so again. We returned home with fun filled stories and have already passed on to others that they need to travel with you. Our next cruise is already booked!!!!!

No water! But who cared?

Viking Gefjon Cruise Review by ChrisF1

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony Superior

Our cabin was clean and well serviced ( twice a day).

Our next cruise is already booked!!!!!
ChrisF1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Gefjon price drops

French Balcony Superior
Cabin C
Clean and tidy. Serviced twice daily by happy and pleasant staff.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins