3. Norwegian Epic
I have cruised 5 times now with NCL but the Epic Voyage was our first time on a “mega ship”. It had been 8 years since our last cruise and I was apprehensive of this cruise because of the conflicting reviews I read on this site. I have come to the conclusion that my expectations of a cruise differ dramatically from some people’s and I what I consider to be normal, other people take issue with. My husband (59), myself (53) and our daughter (21) shared a mini suite with balcony cabin. It had a crazy amount of storage, had a bath tub and balcony. My only criticism is that the pull out sofa is not really suitable for an adult – it is very small. Otherwise everything was great in our cabin and our Steward, Randolf, was excellent. The free entertainment on the ship (we did not do Cirque Dreams) had something for everyone and was excellent – both Priscilla Queen of the Desert and the Beatles tribute band were great. If you want to ensure that you get a spot for Priscilla, book before you board. Otherwise, you may not get a seat. We took two excursions with NCL (Pisa and a Taste of Tuscany and Pedal Palma – both were excellent. We did Mt. Vesuvius and Pompei with Viator (wasn’t thrilled with their service). The itinerary is fantastic! We chose the Unlimited Beverage package which was worth every penny. I have read many mixed reviews about the food. We are in Vancouver which has excellent restaurants so our standards are very high. I thought the food was a solid 8/10 on the Epic. The service was sometimes slow but there was a lot of new staff. I was in no hurry – the evenings are long to fill and lingering over dinner was just fine for us. The waiting staff were for the most part, kind and friendly. Although the ship is huge, it never felt crowded for the exception of the breakfast buffet – hard to get a table most times. I highly recommend the Epic’s cruise to the Mediterranean.

Excellent cruise - highly recommend

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Precious Rooney

We chose the Unlimited Beverage package which was worth every penny.

I highly recommend the Epic’s cruise to the Mediterranean.
Precious Rooney’s Full Rating Summary