3. AmaSonata
This was our first river cruise after many "big ship" cruises. It was a Danube cruise, with pre and post time in Budapest and Prague. AMA Waterways, which we had no knowledge of, had been recommended by our travel agent. We approached the trip with some trepidation, but this hesitation turned out to be unfounded. We can't say enough about AMA. The Sonata was beautiful, the food was great, and the staff was unbelievable. They were the best staff by far we have ever experienced on a cruise - headed by their cruise director Bojan Randjelovic. We took a Danube cruise from Budapest to Prague. The second day of pre-cruise in Budapest I fell in the shower at the hotel - at 7:30 at night - and suffered severe injuries. Bojan saw the ambulance come to our hotel, made inquires, found out it was an AMA guest, and from that point forward gave us assistance that made all the difference in the world. He rode in the ambulance with me and stayed with me for 5 hours, past mid-night, at two hospitals He also contacted an AMA guide who spoke Hungarian, she immediately left her home and came to the first hospital, and was invaluable at the two hospitals we visited (no one spoke English at the Hospitals). After another 5 hours, I finally got appropriate care. Were it not for Bojan, and the person he called to help us, my wife and I would have been totally helpless in a foreign country. Apart from this help, on the cruise ship and for the remainder of the trip, he was the nicest, friendliest, most informative and most helpful cruise director my wife and I have even seen in approximately 18 cruises. As I said, the cruise itself was great in all respects - especially the ship appointments, food and staff. Unfortunately, the water level was low, and we were not able to reach our final cruise destination of Nuremberg. AMA, and Bojan, did everything to give us alternate options of ports and places to visit by bus. Amazingly, after our trip was over, AMA gave everyone on the cruise a credit of 45% of their cruise fare towards a future cruise !!! This was unbelievably generous on their part. My wife and I immediately booked another AMA cruise for 2019, this one on the Rhine. We will be recommending AMA to all of our friends and family, and we will always remember that in our hour of need, Bojan was there for us.

AMA Waterways - Great cruise line, and best cruise director ever

AmaSonata Cruise Review by fumuso

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Suite with French balcony and outside balcony
fumuso’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaSonata price drops

Suite with French balcony and outside balcony
Cabin SS 304
Our cabin was a suite. Very nice bathroom, nice outside balcony, beautiful windows, lots of closet space.
Violin Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins