I came into this trip with low expectations—we got a great price and figured even if it wasn’t great it would be fine. Never again. Firstly, the food was dreadful. I have never been on a cruise where I literally couldn’t get eggs how I wanted: if you didn’t want eggs with ham, or fried, you were out of luck. Unfortunately all of the meals—except the captains dinner—were the same every day, and got old very very fast. Everything onboard was a cash grab. Top shelf liquor or internet is, to me, an acceptable thing to up charge for. Charging for bottles of water in the room, when I have an unlimited beverage package? Cash grab. Having my waiter sell me on a better dinner for the next day at the end of today’s? Cash grab. It’s the little things that make you feel gross. On top of that, the pool was closed every day—including a day at port when it was 85 degrees with calm seas. I have no complaints about the housekeeping or dining room staff but training across the bars left a lot to be desired: I couldn’t get juice, because my unlimited beverage package somehow didn’t include it—except it did, at all the other bars. I had no problems with it being spanish speaking, except that for excisions they couldn’t tell me until 8:00 the day before if they’d have an English tour—which meant I needed to make my own plans, for each port. The room wasn’t in great shape, but it was acceptable; same for the boat, but for the extra four hundred dollars I’d rather go on a trip where nobody stuffed their hand in my pocket and where I can swim in nice weather.

Never again.