River Empress Cruise Review

River Empress Cruise Review by blusl

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: undefined

We had taken 3 and our sons and their wives had each taken 1 cruise with Uniworld, and we were completely satisfied. However, this was a totally different story. This was a generational cruise--the Remarkable Rhine. My husband and I wanted our children and grandchildren to have this unique experience. I am posting photos of my one of my son's rooms to show the deplorable condition. Ours was not much better, but I did not take pictures of it. We spent a lot of money on this cruise for 11 of us. I complained to Uniworld and asked for a partial refund. Instead, we got certificates that have to be used within a year. We are not happy with their response to our situation. We will not be taking any Uniworld cruises in the future. They are going to redo that ship, but they should have lowered the prices to be in line with its condition. The prices were the same as others were paying for one of their super ships.

Also, we had informed Uniworld months ahead that our flight had been canceled and that we would e arriving at 5:20 instead of at their 5:00 deadline. At first, they said that we would have to find our own way to the ship. After I reminded them that there were 11 of us and that we would be arriving only 20 minutes after their deadline, they agreed to pick us up. Our flight was over 45 minutes late, and our transport was gone. We called Uniworld, and they told us to make our own transport arrangements to the ship. We finally arrived just in time for dinner. I feel that their transport company should have had enough experience to check our flight schedule and have seen that we were going to be late and planned accordingly. We were reimbursed for our transport.

In all, my husband and I were so happy that we were able to provide our family with this experience and looked forward to it for almost a year. We remain totally disappointed with our experience.

blusl's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Category 2 301

See above. Conditions were terrible.

Frankfurt

Should not be on itinerary. Looks like any big city in America. Children were totally bored on generational cruise in this city

Solemn experience. Sad to see what happened there.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Absolutely loved this. Beautiful!

View All undefined undefined Reviews