3. Norwegian Breakaway
I chose Norwegian Cruise Line because several websites said they are the best for Solo Travellers. I liked the idea of the Studio Lounge for occupants of the studio cabins. I did the Baltic Capitals cruise 5th - 14th Sepember, 2018. I was delighted with my choice, and will definitely book one of these cabins again in the future. The Studio Lounge was a friendly place. It was easy to strike up a conversation with others over a cup of coffee. Every evening there was a meet up for solo travellers who wished to attend. Bennie, the staff member who organised these meet ups, was great at putting people at their ease, and Alex, the barman on duty at the meetups, was equally good with people. I was amazed when he greeted me by name when he met me elsewhere on the ship. After the meetup Bennie asked us who'd like to go to dinner as a group, then she rang the restaurant to book, and came with us until we were seated at our table. On the last evening she dined with us. For me, the only part of travelling alone that I dislike is being forced to dine alone every evening, and with Norwegian I was sure of good company at dinner. One slight problem was that towards the end of the cruise the closing spring on one of the doors to the Studio Lounge became weak, so that the door didn't automatically shut and anyone could come in without a keycard. I felt this was a security issue. I mentioned it on my evaluation.

Great for Solo Travellers

Dubliner9’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1 11503
Great use of space. Very comfortable. Good storage space, except for lack of drawers. Very good lighting. I loved the funky design.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins