Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review
2,976 Reviews

Great cruise to Maine and Canada!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by dputland

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Inside

We really enjoyed our Maine and Canada cruise! Check in was easy and fast. Our interior cabin was a little cramped with the table that made it hard to get to one side of the bed. The bathroom was slightly better than Carnival with a glass sliding door which was nice! Less counter space than Carnival and not as much rack space. The bed was fine. Closet was fine. Less drawers than Carnival.

Maine was fogged in but we tendered in and had the tour of Acadia and lobster lunch. It was very nice! Great shopping at the dock.

Halifax was great. We rented a car and drove to Peggy's Cove.The rest of the ports, I just checked out the port. I didn't do any other excursions. There was a float plane in La Baie, but he was booked up when I arrived. That would have been cool.

The food on the ship was great! We only ate in the dining room lunch on embarkation day. The buffet was fantastic and the selection was great! They usually had american food on one side and Indian or Asian on the other side. The pastry chef is amazing! Desserts were great! Soft serve ice cream or homemade ice cream next to the pool.

The hot tubs were actually hot, which was nice. The pool was a nice temp, not cold at all.

The shows were great! We loved the magic and comedy the most.

The shops were nice, but nothing that I needed or wanted.

The casino was boring. No slots that I liked. The poor dealers were so bored.

Our cabin steward was great, but he never introduced himself. We never met him.

I got a massage from the spa which was heaven!!!

I would definitely go on this cruise ship again! Highly recommend!

dputland's Full Rating Summary

Inside
Cabin ID 9005

Nice but not as many drawers as Carnival. There was a table under the TV which made it almost impossible to get to one side of the bed. The glass shower was nice!!

dputland