3. Oasis of the Seas
We travelled from England UK and had a lovely honeymoon on this ship but I will say things that could be improved also. The ship is a marvellous creation. It is impressive how it has been designed. Before the cruise I notified Royal Caribbean that it was our honeymoon. I was a little disappointed that no nice little gestures i.e bottle of champagne/chocolates/petals had been put in our room as most hotels do. What Royal Caribbean did offer was for us to go to a honeymooners club and get complimentary champagne and meet other honeymooners at 11.30 am (prime sunbathing time). Well considering we already had a drinks package that was no good to us and why would we want to meet strangers?? This was a bit poor and sneaky of them and something personal would have been a lovely touch. (if you did want champagne etc I was told you have to pay but i will get on to the money grabbing bit). Getting on the ship was a bit of a hassle. Waiting round in the port and getting off took ages it was all a bit of a faff. Also getting off at the first port Nassau was a nightmare but we learned to wait until most people had already disembarked before we made our way off at the next 2 ports. My problem with the ship was it was too crowded. Queuing for breakfast at the windjammer (until we realised we could get breakfast in the solarium which was so much quieter). Queuing for dinner also and for the zip line etc. The most noticeable part of how busy the ship was is the pools. They are literally jam packed on a sea day. And there is a few of them but they were all heaving. Also the nightclub Dazzles was always full we could never get a seat. The central park area was my favourite. So gorgeous and peaceful if you want to get away from the crowds. It took us about six days to actually realise we hadn't seen certain bars/restaurants as the ship is so big. We bought a deluxe drinks package and that really was well worth the money. Everything was included, wine/beer/cocktails/champagne in the special champagne bar (under $15) pop, water and Spirits. I can not fault that. Great cocktails also. The food was always 5 star. I cant understand how anyone can complain about it. The buffets were great so much choice for everyone. We only ever ate at them for breakfast and lunch. The main dining room was brilliant also. Never had a bad meal. We had one meal in 150 central park which was also great for a change. All the staff gave 100% service in the buffet and the main dining room. We liked Mario (Area 135 American Icon) He was a lovely man. We never kept the same seat in the main dining room. Sometimes the service was a bit slow ordering drinks and waiting but the staff all do work so hard to do their best for you. The menu was great lots of choice and always different. I felt like even though we were all inclusive you have to be careful or RC will rinse you. They try and add a daily tip per person to your account but I felt this was awful. Us British have always tipped as and when we get service so we took it off and tipped ourselves as it should be done. $11 to watch a film on the TV... Really?! Paying for gym classes!! and then tips come onnnnn. The excursions were all very expensive, we found it cheaper to go out on our own. Its easy and there are taxis at every port waiting for you. All very safe too as the ships docking is how these islands make money. They have people on the ship taking random pictures. These packages are also pretty expensive. Didn't do any shopping on the ship as they were mainly designer shops and expensive. Speciality restaurants are extra cost (you dont actually really need them as the standard food is so good). Internet was ...wait for it ...$19.99 for ONE day!! That should be free. I wouldnt even mind if it was like $3 a day but to charge $19.99 is robbery. That is for basic speed also.There was a high speed one for about $30 a day. Our cabin was lovely gorgeous ocean view and quite spacious. We were in 8558 and our room attendant Tut was just fabulous. The room was just done up as if by magic whenever we left and come back. He made cute towel animals also with googly eyes which was nice. You could feel the ship moving now and then but overall it was pretty smooth. I get sea sick but never on this. The only show we did was Ice skating it was phenomenal. Never seen such talent before. We wanted to see the aqua show but couldn't get booked in. Making the reservation for 150 central park restaurant was easy. We did the Zip line and flow rider, bit of a queue but good fun. The ports were Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten. St Thomas was my favourite it was like paradise and the people were so welcoming. In St Thomas we went to Coki beach (in a taxi) and snorkelled it was beautiful. The best snorkelling spot. Loads of tropical fish shallow. In St Maarten we went to Maho beach again in a taxi where the planes come in low to land, what a great experience. In Bahamas we stayed local and walked to Junkanoo beach. It was nice but not as nice as the others. RC try and get people to shop at every port. They obviously get some sort of commission for sending passengers into the local shops but there is more to holidays than diamond shopping at every port (if you can afford it)! I probably wouldn't do another cruise anytime soon as I prefer land holidays and not sure I would go with RC again as they are a bit greedy $$ but I would recommend the ports.

Great Honeymoon, Brilliant Ports

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by natzyc

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

The ship is a marvellous creation. It is impressive how it has been designed.

We bought a deluxe drinks package and that really was well worth the money.

The food was always 5 star. I cant understand how anyone can complain about it.

The main dining room was brilliant also. Never had a bad meal.

We had one meal in 150 central park which was also great for a change.

The menu was great lots of choice and always different.

We did the Zip line and flow rider, bit of a queue but good fun.

natzyc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 5D 8558
Brilliant clean room such a comfy bed and brilliant room attendant Tut.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins