3. Azamara Quest
We have done 17 cruises in the past 12 years & this was our favourite by far. To set the scene, we are a couple mid 30s, no children. Looking for a destination intensive itinerary with like minded travelers & longer stays in ports. No wheelchairs, or walkers - just great people enjoying a wonderful European Summer. For starters, and slightly with smugness I loved the fact that the Quest ported everywhere it went, whilst the other luxury boats (Silverseas etc) ported. They also left by 4-5pm, and we were still in port until 10pm, even once overnight which was fantastic!! We got to watch a sunset in every city we visited. Azamazing Event was spectacular and so well organised - I could not fault it. It was in beautiful surroundings and we were all taken very well care of. I also loved the White Night - the fact they do it on every voyage means it runs like clockwork - but it was unique and wonderful watching the staff come out with their 44 flags & the captain was incredibly engaging... In fact, a standout for me was getting off the boat in Livorno at 8.00am to be greeted by the captain, and then when we returned at 4.30pm he was there to welcome us back. I mean, I'm no fool to believe he stood there all day - but incredibly exceptional and certainly something I've never experienced on any other cruise. The entertainment... Well I didn't have any real experience with it. But I did hear a few people say it was a bit average... I guess, if you need grand stage shows to keep entertained then it probably was underwhelming, but for me.. After a long day of exploring I'd much prefer to curl up with a good book or movie then head out on the town. Our cabin 6014 was brilliant. The bed was huge & faced the TV which I really enjoyed cause after a long day of exploring I like to come back and relax with a movie. Not only that, but it was the most comfortable bed I've had at sea fluffy and warm - the shower is substantially smaller than any I've seen before, but it wasn't a great inconvenience. I'd rather have more room space then bathroom anyway. There was ample storage for our luggage. There is a coffee table.. I've noticed it on a few other ships, I'd rather not have that to be honest - - seems a waste of space. Perhaps it is for those that love to eat in their room but I find the dining rooms serve enough food not to warrant eating any more. Speaking of food - - - DELICIOUS!! Everything was fresh and delicious. My husband has dietary requirements and they were a little difficult to navigate. I often find that if you notify your wait staff they remember and allow you to pre-order, however as there is no structured dining on Azamara you don't have the same waiter, they don't remember and every night was slightly awkward and embarrassing having to reiterate his order.. But it didn't affect our voyage. Might just be food for thought, to have something better in place. As we disembarked, I felt very teary.. My husband asked me why and I said I didn't know.. I just felt like this was our most wonderful voyage yet. I cannot wait to go again... I'm hoping to do another port intensive voyage around Africa or somewhere similar. Azamara... you really can't go wrong!!

Wow..Wow.. Wow.. And a little bit more Wow!

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by craigbro159

Azamara... you really can't go wrong!!
BBMacLaird, CBO - Azamara Club Cruises has responded
Thank you craigbro159 for the glowing 5-star review. We appreciate you took the time to write a review, and we are thrilled you LOVED your first Azamara cruise! We look forward to welcoming you back aboard soon!
craigbro159’s Full Rating Summary