3. Avalon Tranquility II
My husband and I chose this cruise because the ports and excursions sounded like a part of Europe we would enjoy seeing. We heard that the scenery along the Rhine was very beautiful, and with this being our first river cruise, we thought it would be a good area to start with. I was very satisfied with the ship, the staff and their knowledge, kindness and how accommodating everyone was. They were very professional and organized which was very much appreciated. The service was great!!! I felt very much at ease with the cleanliness of our cabin and the entire ship. I liked how they expressed the importance of hygiene to keep everyone healthy. I enjoyed the beautiful buffet breakfasts and lunches with such an assortment of dishes to choose from and always a change each day. I also enjoyed the upscale dining experiences and the variety of selections each night that we had. It made you feel like you were in a high-end restaurant. Desserts were always a treat. It was also amazing how hot everything was served with that large of group. I was very impressed about that. The violinist show was absolutely REMARKABLE!!!!! There are no words to describe how much I enjoyed that. I felt the ports and shore excursions were very enjoyable. I loved the history and beauty of everywhere we went and everything we had the privilege of seeing. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour guides and the amazing knowledge they expressed to us. I want to say I really appreciated our tour director, Dominic. He was so organized and knowledgeable. He was prepared each evening with our schedule for the next day which I was grateful for. Direction is very important to me. His sense of humor and his caring ways were very satisfying. We did not explore our departure city which I very much regret. We had an extension at the end is why we didn't arrive early. The embarkation and disembarkation went very smoothly which was appreciated!!!

Enjoyable First Time River Cruise

Avalon Tranquility II Cruise Review by smernesd1

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

The embarkation and disembarkation went very smoothly which was appreciated!!!
smernesd1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Tranquility II price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin P 327
We were on the third floor which we preferred. We enjoyed the French door view and being able to open it when need be. The setup of the room was nice with the desk, couch, chair, table and nightstands. The bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows and bedding.
The bathroom was very accommodating. The drawers and closet were very useful. The only thing I missed was the fold up rack to put a suitcase on but that was a minor thing.
Royal Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins