3. Pride of America
We choosed Norwegian cruise line for their itinerary in the Hawaiian Islands. At that price, we were expecting something really nice. It cost us above 4800$ CAD for 2 persons. Flight not included. The cabin was ok, normal typical inside cabin. Nothing bad to say about it and about the lady that took care of us all week. She did a good job. Food... OMG!!! The food was terrible. What you eat at the "A la carte" restaurant is the same food that you will find at the buffet but instead of going yourself, you have 2 waiters bringning it to you. The specialty restaurant, it cost us 80$ US more and we did not eat everything. Really disapointed. The steak was ok but dry, the mashed potatoes had garlic in it... I should say, the garlic had some mashed potatoes in it... Not good. The ship itself, not really luxury. On arrival, one pool was close and the water of the other one was foggy/blurred/grennish.... They painted the one that was close and when they put water in it, you could see the difference. New water and water I would never go in...... At port, we could notice that the ship needed paint. On decks, they did reparations but the finition was not there. Staff did not weems happy to work on that ship. One staff told us that the pop fountain machine at the buffet had been broken for 3 weeks. We had issues with our toilet and the staff said that there is toilet issues throught out the ship..... We could see rust on exterior deck. Rust that had been there for a long time. I cruised with Royal Carribean and never saw rust, food was amazing and service too... and for half the price of the Pride Of America. They are wheelchair friendly but it`s hard to get around as not all elevator goes on all deck and for someone in a wheelchair smoking, it`s a challenge to get to the smoking area. The itinenary is beautiful, the Islands are gorgeous, Hawaii has a lot to offer but I think Nowegian knows that they are the only one offering that cruise and just don't care about the rest. So the ship is called the Pride of America.... They should not be proud of it. As a travel agent, I would not recommand this cruise. You'll pay way to much for what you'll get. Other cruise line have lower price and the quality is way better. I don't think I would try any of the other cruise Norwegian has to offer.

Should not be called Pride of America...

Pride of America Cruise Review by Voyages Performa David

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Inside

So the ship is called the Pride of America.... They should not be proud of it.

I don't think I would try any of the other cruise Norwegian has to offer.
Voyages Performa David’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Inside
Cabin IB 10001
Clean and well maintained by staff
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins