3. Carnival Victory
Yes. You read right. On Sept 10,2018 - my husband and I (Miami residents) along with two friends that live in Key West decided to get together for a few days on the Victory. Our cabin was 9258 - It was our 6 years anniversary on the 10th (sailing date) and our friends that stayed in cabin 1106 wanted to surprise us by calling Carnival in advance and setting up the room with a bottle of wine, special beach towels, Carnival wine glasses and additional decorations to make our anniversary special. When we arrived, we were in heaven, to say the least, and extremely happy, such a beautiful gesture from our friends and the cabin itself looked clean and decent enough for a couple of nights of cruising and relaxing. We dropped off our luggage and did what I'm assuming 99.9% of the passengers do when they first board the ship - explore the ship and have a couple of cocktails and people watch. Before you knew it, it was time to shower and get ready for dinner. We were at table #341 in the dining room with the late seating. After dinner, we took an additional stroll through the ship. Thinking… I'm not sure why everyone says such bad things about Carnival, especially the Victory. After all, we have traveled on the Breeze a few years back and had a great time. By the time we got back to our cabin, it must have been around midnight. My husband (exhausted) claimed into bed and I stayed up till about 3 am working a few deadlines. After finishing up my clients work, I finally had a chance to climb into bed myself to get some shut-eye. The next morning, when we woke up, I can't even explain how disgusted we were when we pulled back the covers to find human feces on the linen. It wasn’t just a little either, it was a HUGE amount. The Victory’s staff took their own photos but I also took photos (just in case). After calling our Stateroom Steward to show him what we found, he seemed shocked as well. he called his supervisor to inspect as well. Now, I'm a pretty easy going guy and so is my husband, but this woman was a REAL piece of work. She started to raise her voice with me at which I QUICKLY shut her down. her customer service skills lacked on all levels. I can assure you of this because I was in the hospitality industry for MANY years in South Beach and there are things you should and should not do. I like to call it etiquette. Especially if the customer is right. In any case, the supervisor, as useless as she was, called her supervisor: He was EXTREMELY nice and super understanding and accommodating. He brought us down to the “Diamond Preferred” section of the customer service desk where we did not have to wait in line to try and resolve our problem. The “Customer Service” staff at the counter thought that a bottle of wine and a steak would be an appropriate and good compensation for what happened. Mind you - there are only two stops on this cruise Key West and Cozumel and this happened on the second day (the Key West Day). The ship only stays in key west for about 4 hours total. About 2 and 1/2 hours of that port were a complete waste because of this entire fiasco and standing at Customer Service with no solution on how they were going to accommodate us by changing our room. No need to mention how that entire day was ruined. I did, however, ask the lady behind the desk is she was willing to sleep in human feces for a bottle of wine and a steak? Her answer, of course, was no, because… I mean.. who would right? We were finally moved to cabin number #9283 after spending about an hour (or less) in Key West. We inspected the new cabin ourselves and it seemed fine and were looking forward to putting this behind us and to try and enjoy what's left of the cruise with our friends. At this point, we were dealing with the Assistant Guest Services Manager on board. He was an absolute pleasure to deal with and he completely sympathized with the magnitude of the situation and understood why we were so upset. Unfortunately, I have a strong suspicion that he was being used as a middleman to deliver news and had little to no power to offer us what we truly dissevered. A complete refund as well as an apology for that enormous disaster of a "cruise". But wait for it folks... it doesn't end there. The following day, We woke up, my husband took a shower and used the bathroom facilities in the room. He flushed. Shortly after flushing, sewage water started to come up from both of the drains in the bathroom - the drain in the shower and the drain next to the toilet - leaving, again. the smell of feces with the added plus of sewage (i have pictures of this as well). They called maintenance and had it fixed. But of course, trying to put something like what happened on the first night behind us, only to have something similar happen the day after served as a reminder of something we were so desperately trying to forget. Not a very good way to experience any cruise. Especially such a short one. We were then offered a massage service, a flight back home (which meant leaving our friends behind), or a $250 refund for “our inconvenience" - but again… the question beckons: Would you sleep in human feces for any of these offerings? I still believe that NO ONE WOULD and I still don't think that the magnitude of the situation was being grasped by upper management (of which we NEVER even got to talk too). I don't even have to say at this point that all of this, of course, ruined our short cruise and our 6 year Anniversary. The ONLY reason we had a decent time, towards the end, was because our friends were there to take our minds off of the situation. But in the back of my head… all I could think of was... what's next? Not a very relaxing feeling which is what I'm assuming is what Carnival is supposed to be all about. No? Do I recommend Carnival at all? ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Not on any ship. Although this situation happened on the Victory, the way the situation (overall) was handled by corporate after all was said and done is as disgusting as those sheets, and they are responsible for EVERY ship. So No. Don't sail with Carnival at all. Their Vice President of Customer Care decided that we are not to get any kind of compensation. They also failed to provide an explanation of how this could possibly happen or why a bed was made but the sheets were clearly not changed. If this happened in our room, I have to wonder - how many other beds were issued to new passengers without fresh linen? This information (of course) was communicated to me through another guest service agent who was sent to pass on the bad news. I'm assuming because (again) the "higher-ups" could not be bothered with me. Some Customer Service huh? #ChooseFun? I don't think so.

We slept in FECES.

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by JoseMiami33132

Some Customer Service huh? #ChooseFun? I don't think so.
JoseMiami33132’s Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8D 9258
Dirty, Disgusting! We slept in feces. The linen was obviously never changed when they issued us the cabin although the bed was made. Please see review.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins