3. Crown Princess
We have cruised on Cunard, Carnival and Celebrity prior to this cruise. It was a very mixed bag and some things we liked better but on the whole it was not anywhere near as good as Celebrity or Cunard. Pro's The wardrobe space was very good, lots and lots of room for everything and many hangers. The TV was large and great viewing The staff overall were very friendly and helpful, especially the front desk service staff. Embarkation and Disembrkation were very quick and efficient. Great service at our table from Wait staff. A great Burger bar and pizzas and ice cream We liked all the different bars and lounge area, people could spread out so much there never seemed a full place Cons By far the worst food and drink we have ever had on a cruise ship and the single one reason why we would never cruise on a Princess ship again. Food for us is very important. The food in the main cafe was dreadful...on one day it was totally inedible. The 4 separate areas are confusing and on some days they were not all open which was confusing and very inconvenient as one of our party had mobility issues and could not walk to further areas. There was a beef curry that was so chewy one day we could not eat it. The head waiter was informed and he took my name and my cabin number ...unsurprisingly we heard nothing further. The food was pure slop and I have seen better food in school cafeterias. The lines at lunchtime for burgers and pizza were round the block, not surprising as the main cafe was so bad. The choices at breakfast were horrible and there was no fresh toast and muffins etc, you were expected to take one that had been previously cooked, cold and rubbery. Choices were about a third of that on Celebrity ships and it never ever looked fresh and appetising. Food in the dining room was hit and miss. Some was very nice some poor. I had a ravioli one evening that was just sheets of pasta with no filling. I sent back 3 meals in our 7 day cruise. Drinks were also very poor...especially as we didn't have a package so were paying as you go. Small measured drinks at 9-10 dollars that were not free poured like on other cruise lines, it was definitely nickel and dime time. It put us off buying the drinks they were so weak. Entertainment was also poor. 4 solo singers in 7 days is not variety and they were not that great. An unexpected day at sea due to not calling at Montenegro resulting in the entertainments team making a special announcement and going all out and adding ONE zumba class to the itinerary, funnily enough my 80 year old mother didn't feel like going to this. The tannoy on the ship was unbearably loud and when the screechy cruise director was making announcements you could see 50% of the people covering their ears, the music by the pool was also way too loud, we couldn't hear ourself think. There was also on the sea days a CD that was playing on a loop, about an hour so one day we had Gangnam Style and 'Im sexy and I know it' 7 times, it was unbearable. Sometimes the entertainment was not was advertised in the brochure. we would turn up to places only to be told the venue had changed or there was a deck party, again not easy to keep moving around if you have mobility issues Overall the ship is a little tired, especially the rooms and the balconies. Directions were poor and we found ourselves lost a few times, something we have never done on cruises before They bleat on constantly about keeping hands clean and using soap yet we all noticed that 2 out of 3 visits to the lavatories there was no soap. We decided to withdraw tips and just personally tipped or wait staff as we were not blown away by anyone and from Embarkation to Disembarkation I never once met our room boy, yet I knew the name of the gorgeous lady who looked after family members in the next few rooms. Overall a disappointing experience completely spoiled by silly measured drinks and school dinners in the cafe

Food on this cruise was abysmal

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Bornagaintraveller

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
We have cruised on Cunard, Carnival and Celebrity prior to this cruise.

Pro's

The TV was large and great viewing

Embarkation and Disembrkation were very quick and efficient.

Great service at our table from Wait staff.

A great Burger bar and pizzas and ice cream

Cons