3. Voyager of the Seas
Cruise was tagged onto a trip to the Singapore F1 grand prix which suited me as I did not want two long haul flights within 72 hours. Firstly I will say that my inside cabin was comfortable and the public areas elegant; the Sapphire dining room looks like something from Titanic. It's a big ship, guessing a quarter of a mile from end to end, and the lifts are centred so if your cabin is at the back, like mine, you clock up a fair distance - one day, without leaving the ship, I walked 2.5 miles. Lift carpets were changed daily to reflect the day of the week - handy if you forgot! The experience was marred by uninteresting food, inadequate information about trips ashore and staggeringly high prices on board. The basic soda package worked out at £10 a day and then the only drinks available were Sprite or Coke. I don't drink coke so after one day requested and was given a refund on the rest of the cruise. The only package including alcohol was £45 per day. I have never, ever spent that much on booze in a day, even drinking champagne! Although the staff selling the packages said only water was available free during meals, there was squash and the breakfast orange juice was very good. All drinks and speciality food purchased are subject to an 18% service charge, on top of the daily gratuity added to each person's account. I paid £10 (incl service) for a weak gin fizz - little gin and no fizz because the glass was full of ice. You are allowed to take two bottles of wine or champagne on board for cabin use but no other alcohol. There were signs saying only unopened bottles of water - at a charge - were to be taken off the ship. I paid for two tours in advance but would not have selected them had I known one involved 1.5 hours driving each way to get to the destination. No information on weather was provided before the trip to enable passengers to disembark with suitable clothes and footwear. It was raining heavily in Port Klang so I turned back. I didn't go to Phuket because of the long coach trip either way but had a pleasant afternoon onshore browsing the stalls lining the road from the jetty. I got a good exchange rate from a money changer there, the products were very cheap and most stallholders said they would take foreign currency. I liked the range of food offered in the Sapphire dining room, though a sirloin steak was very chewy. I splashed out on a lobster dinner on the final night and it was splendid. Windjammer, however, is like an enormous school canteen and I found the food uninteresting. Meats were tough and salads plain. I would not choose a RC cruise again, nor would I recommend the company to others.

Beware onboard prices

dottie07’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 6V 7847
Clean and well maintained during cruise. Plenty of towels in shower room. Small cooing cabinet was useful. Lots of soft pillows but bed hard.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins