3. Viking Orion
My friends were going on this trip and I was sure it was a lifetime opportunity to see countries I would never see on my own Every detail of the ship was first class and beautifully designed. My cabin spacious and with view over bow of ship from bedroom window. Additionally I had a deck to the side and got up to watch sunrise and entry into each port. I liked not feeling claustrophobic. The service was immediate and continuous for any personal need. Staff friendly. Room service free at any time. The food was varied in choices and artfully prepared and delicious. There was always varied entertainment, or spa available as well as lectures on subjects related to the tours. There was a great choice in tours and I was able to snorkel in two ports. I viewed the Pyramids, Sphinx, Taj Mahal, WadiRum, and a lot of famous old forts. I always felt safe on tours and sailing around the horn (Somalia) as additional measures were taken. I would have preferred more shopping experiences in port, frequently taken to state run shops that were terribly expensive and limited, and we were given maybe 15 minutes to hurry and choose with staff breathing down our necks "to help". We all preferred to shop in regular venues on the streets. I did love the factories in India for rugs and clothe, to see demonstrations handmade goods. Although I am not a fan of busses but they were ok. Sometimes I felt crowded for leg room as mine are long. A few of the tour guides were not great and disappointing, but on the whole they, the guides were good. For the amount of people onboard there were no long lines and the ship was extraordinarily clean!!!

Amazing first cruise experience. Gorgeous ship, pampering staff.

Viking Orion Cruise Review by Plumarae

I liked not feeling claustrophobic.

The service was immediate and continuous for any personal need. Staff friendly.

Room service free at any time.

The food was varied in choices and artfully prepared and delicious.

Plumarae’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Orion price drops

For unknown reason we had been upgraded to a huge suite which was wonderful as there were 12 of us traveling together and we could play cards or congregate for drinks in the room. There were 3 big screen TVs (one over tub). Rarely turned on. Free laundry service and bar for this room.
Lighting was stellar and convenient. Loved the shampoo and rinse and I am very picky!
Class act. There was plenty of natural light and the deck was so fun, with a table and charirs and two lounge chairs that you could sleep on.