Diamond Princess Cruise Review

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by Rusty-Anne

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

A friend & I decided mutually on these destinations. The restaurants are great , except for people with food allergies, then you're treat as an afterthought. While everyone got beautiful food, I was served inedible rubbish, that was so plain (steamed) I could have screamed. The pastry chef needs to be shot for lack of imagination. Mostly served pies with canned filling on all days. Couldn't they make starlets out of the.pastry. went to afternoon tea & lunch daily, asked if there was any cake for me to eat....after day 3, I was treat with sustain and never saw a cake the whole time. As I'm a chef with a food blog, the food experience was an insult.

The shows and activities are amazing though, so are the hard-working staff. All so friendly and adorable. Th hidden costs are a worry, as we prepaid EVERYTHING, including gratuity, but was still slugged daily. Drinks package was also a rip.off, as we had to pay for our water in our room, we also had to pay for bottles of wine, or anything over $10 per glass...you need to be an alcoholic to use this to it's advantage, but you only get 10 drinks per day, regardless of price (under $10). Some of the Japanese tours are absolutely not worth seeing. We missed the best tours because of mother nature (typhoon, earthquake & landslide). Would have preferred to see gardens and Japanese tea ceremonies etc. The tours we took were disappointing except Busan....

The ship was however wonderful, clean, FABULOUS staff, and our cabin was great. So all in all, it was an average holiday only ( for me) being spoilt by the lack of care(for multiple food allergies).

Rusty-Anne's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BB B248

Cabin was FABULOUS, absolutely happy with the size, layout, and balcony. Steward was AMAZING going beyond and above always with a cheerful smile, and a kind word.

Rusty-Anne