3. Ruby Princess
My son and I had always wanted to visit Alaska so we chose a cruise. I researched all the cruise lines going to Alaska before choosing Princess. We sailed out of Seattle. The embarkation process was super easy due to getting priority check-in through our travel agent. Our stateroom was larger than expected and was very clean and well kept during the entire voyage. The disembarkation went quickly and smoothly and was very organized. Most people like the food on a cruise but we found this not to be true. It took over 2 hours to eat in the main dining room on the first night so we decided to stick to the smaller eating areas on the upper deck that served buffet style. It was not good. The only decent meal during the day was breakfast. This was my 3rd cruise and I found the staff not to be as friendly as previous cruises. Maybe they were just tired at the end of a long summer season. I don't know. Lastly, if you like to have jewelry pushed in your face 24/7, then this is the cruise for you. They pushed high end jewelry the entire cruise and then have contracts with stores in the ports to sell even more. It was very irritating. All of our excursions were good except for the one in Victoria.( If you arrive at night, don't bother with an excursion. You really can't see anything.) I enjoyed my time with my son. I just wasn't extremely impressed with the ship.

Good but Not Great

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by melissa71192

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Interior

I enjoyed my time with my son. I just wasn't extremely impressed with the ship.
melissa71192’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IF P330
The size was good and the storage was excellent. Great use of space. Very clean.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins