Allure of the Seas Cruise Review

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by ferrell31

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Boardwalk View Balcony

OK so here we go...The ship is amazing. Its beautiful, its big, it is really nice. This was our 18th cruise so we pretty much knew what to expect. We sailed with OASIS of the Seas a few years back which Allure is identical. The ship is so big that you have to reserve your entertainment which is annoying but I get it. With 6000 people, you have to in order for everyone to see the show. The downside is all the shows all week are the same thing where as other ships offer different shows every single night. So my advice to you, first day (or if you can prior to the sail date) go ahead and reserve all the shows you want each night so you will be garanteed a spot. The one thing they do every night is karoke, but that gets old after awhile. We just went to that because there was nothing else to do.

Our room was amazing. We had a handicap room which is huge and had an oversized balcony which looked over the boardwalk. Downside of the room is it was on the 14th floor which the first day muster drill was annoying cause you literally had to walk down 9 floors to get to 5 then you know going back up we had to talk back up 9 flights of stairs cause the elevators on the first day are INSANE!! So don't recommend the 14th floor. YOu need to be careful if you are in the boardwalk area, as one side they play basketball allday and table tennis on the other side which is where we are you have alot of people running so if you like your afternoon naps, you will hear constant noise. I can't even imagine what it was like on the basketball side. So when booking I would find you a room that only has actual rooms above you not where people can run, drag chairs, kitchen, etc.

The other downside is the bed was HORRIBLE!! It was so hard. If you like hard beds then you will love it, but my back was messed up all cruise cause of it. I asked for a foam topper just hoping but they didn't have any. I guess you have to be in the suites in order to get a comfy bed.

The food was really good most days. The dining room on certain nights didn't have alot to choose from. Lobster night the lobster was very dingy but tasted good and I just asked for another. :D

So this is just a petpeeve. We sailed Norwegian in June and got spoiled with the drinks. You could just go up and order, didnt have to worry about your card, or those dang receipts. Royal makes you sign a receipt everytime. Just wasted paper. If you have the dink package then I don't think they should make you do that.

All in all its a good cruise. we just didnt plan really good this time with excursions and such so we were pretty much on the boat the entire time except for Honduras which we love. Cozumel it rained so we didnt get off. Nassau weve been a thousand times so we didn't get off. Costa Maya had another ship there so we knew it would be insane so we stayed on and just used the pools on the boat.

So anyway thats that. Hope it helps!!

ferrell31's Full Rating Summary

Boardwalk View Balcony
Cabin 2I 14299

Room was awesome and big aside from the noise above us and the hard bed it was great!!

This is our favorite. There was only the one ship docked that day so there was hardly anyone as this retreat like there has been in the past. So relaxing. WE stayed allday!!

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Nassau

Been there a hundred times so didn't get off boat that day.

ferrell31