• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Eurodam Review

Editor Rating
9 Awards

Wonderful staff and crew members.

Review for Eurodam to the Eastern Caribbean
Mustering up again
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2018
Cabin: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)
It's sunset, with a lifeboat.

This cruise was a last minute decision for us. My husband's company opens hotels, and last year all of them were majorly affected and shut down due to hurricanes. We had to airlift our employees out of the British West Indies, and then Puerto Rico. But the stories we heard of the residents there, were heartbreaking. So, the cruise we went on cost us practically nothing, and we wanted to support the recovery in these places, as they desperately needed the tourists to come back. I know, not much of a sacrifice on our part!

Anyway, it was a lovely cruise. The islands are making their way back, and although we'd been there before, it was heartening to see the progress (at least where we were in port) being made. I'm sure since that time, even more progress has been made.

As far as the Eurodam, it was an easy ship to navigate around. I loved the piano bar and The Blues Band. It was perfect for us (or me!) I stay up late, and felt perfectly comfortable going to the music venues alone.My husband loved the pool during the day, which wasn't too crowded or overrun with rowdy kids.

Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

It's the first time we have booked an ocean view, rather than a veranda, but it was fine. They aren't kidding about the obstructed view though. Anyway, it didn't matter. We weren't in our room much, and preferred to be out and about unless we were reading.

3 Helpful Votes