3. Ruby Princess
My mother treated my sister and I to a cruise to Alaska. She had been on this trip a few years prior and of all of her cruises, it was her highlight and she wanted to share it with us. She is wheelchair bound and may I start by saying that the crew were incredibly accommodating to her and her needs. The room we had was spacious as well as the bathroom in our room. The only negative there was we were told there would be a roll away when in fact it was a bunk bed. I drew the short end of the straw and this senior citizen body spent every night terrified I would fall out not to mention the struggle down the ladder every few hours to make a restroom visit was a bit hairy. The meals were executed in a timely fashion and the menu had enough variety on it to make each of us happy. The food was served to temp and flavorful. My favorite was the Baked Alaska. The presentation was fabulous and if I could have had it every night for dessert, I would have. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting with new people each meal time and our wait staff was polite. They fell short in keeping drinks filled and the window of when our "anytime" eating was available was very limited. The International Cafe was a delight and served the many varieties of food and treats with a smile. The bar staff and drink of the day selection was wonderful in the Explorers Lounge. We loved the game shows and trivia offered, the naturalist on board presenting various programs and our highlight was Glacier Bay with the Park staff and their narration. It was breathtaking, ethereal and so inspiring. We also loved the train ride in Skagway and the Husky Dog camp visit is Juneau. The town of Ketchikan was quaint and had an excellent restaurant on the wharf we had lunch at. The shops aboard the Ruby Princess were filled with many great things -- we love the jewelry selections! The Effy shop was staffed by less than helpful people, but overall, the items were beautiful. My sister and I utilized the spa the first day at sea. She got a message and I got a facial. We were both pleased with the services. A bit on the spendy side. The staff were very kind and accommodating. I had an issue with my credit card on file and they helped me every step of the way. I definitely would take this trip again and hope to bring my family along with me next time.

Variety is the Spice of Life!

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by kellyjoyaksich

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

kellyjoyaksich’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB A302
We had a balcony room on the port side. The room was a handicapped accessible room. It was very spacious as was the bathroom. The room was clean. I did not think the bed was very comfortable.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins