3. Majesty of the Seas
I want to start off by saying the staff was GREAT. My review is in no way reflective of my awesome waiters or the rest of the hard working crew on this ship. However, this ship is in major need of updates and in my opinion, reflects pretty poorly on a brand that I had very high expectations for. The rooms were extremely outdated, the carpet old and dingy, outlets barely worked, and a sewage smell lingered in the room and hallways. I had read about the sewage smell on here before we booked it and I thought people were being dramatic. They were not... I have been on older ships on other cruise lines (Carnival and Norwegian), but I never felt as if the rooms were dirty on these ships. I cannot say the same for Majesty of the Seas. I wouldn't even walk around the room without shoes on. I did throughly enjoy the food and always found something to do on board. Even though the lounges and bars looked like they were straight out of the 90s, the gameshows, karaoke, and other entertainment were still enjoyable. Overall, this ship did its job in getting me to Cuba, but that's about it. It is time for a major renovation or for it to be retired.

Listen to reviews - Ship Is VERY Old and Outdated!!

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by leahw93

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Interior

leahw93’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 2V 4545
The cabin was the worst part. The carpet was dirty, it smelled like sewage, there was only one outlet and it was so loose that our appliances just fell right out. At one point, our sink clogged up and we had to get someone to come drain it. There was a constant gurgling noise in the bathroom and I feared that our toilet or shower was about to back up and overflow, which thankfully never happened.

I will say the beds were clean and comfy!
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• City Tour
    We did the Day in Havana tour through the cruise line. Our guide was very knowledgable and I learned so much! However, we were under the impression that we had to book a tour through the cruise to be able to use our visas in Cuba, which was not the case. I wish we had done more research beforehand to know this, as we could have saved ourselves a lot of money by booking a tour through a Cuban company instead of the cruise line.
    View All 212 City Tour Reviews