3. Norwegian Jewel
The Jewel is an older NCL ship and was a little worn but mostly looked great. I'm told she's due for a dry dock soon by the crew. The beds were comfortable and the cabin always clean. Typical shows, I liked the comedian and the Cirque show. The food was typical, the Buffet was fine, had an omelette station for breakfast and pasta station for Dinner. Food was good in the MDR. Did the Brazilian steak house for one Dinner it was good but not great so not sure if I can say it was worth the up charge. One place we did like was O'Sheehan's, a complimentary bar/ pub with table service. We were off the ship several days in a row and it was a good place to get quick food if we didn't feel like the Buffet, typically not crowded. The menu is limited though. They offer breakfast until 11:00 ! so a nice brunch before getting off the ship. The ports were great, the shop docked right in town so easy walk / shuttle available. Glacier views were awesome. Most of the time we could see land of some kind on the inside passage route. Favorite excursion was the wildlife encounter in Hoonah.

Everything I expected.

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Scott6428

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse with Large Balcony

Favorite excursion was the wildlife encounter in Hoonah.
Scott6428’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Penthouse with Large Balcony
Cabin SF 8132
Aft Penthouse. Decent space for 3 with a table area. Loved the wide Aft balcony perfect for Alaska. Not much wind, couldn't hear any engine noise inside the cabin. Rather quiet location. Full bath but the tub was quite high of a step in.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins