• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Crystal Symphony Review

Editor Rating
50 Awards

Don’t cruise on this ship!

Review for Crystal Symphony to Canada & New England
Elizabeth 1
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2018
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window (extremely limited view)

My first cruise 7 years ago was on Marco Polo a small cruise ship in the Cruise and Maritme fleet. With nothing to compare it to but other holidays in European resorts I thought it compared very favourably.

Since then I have cruised with P&O three times , NCL , and Royal Caribbean, and again with Cruise and Maritime. However the cruise I am on at the moment with Crystal on the liner Symphony beats them all hands down . The reason I have titled my review as ‘Don’t cruise on this ship’, is because it has well and truly spoiled me , and I don’t think I would be able to cruise on another liner without feeling that that they had fallen short compared to Crystal.

Unfortunately I might be a while saving up for my next Crystal cruise as it works out at about double the price of the ones I have named above, but goodness is it worth it!

Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window (extremely limited view)

Cabin E2

Good comfortable standard , was expecting not to be able to see anything , but could see out if I stood up and was a better view than I was expecting.

Port Reviews

Montreal

Short walk to the old town from the cruise terminal which was quite picturesque .

Quebec City

My favourite port , again a short walk to the centre from the cruise terminal, beautiful place to stop and the weather was good.

Halifax

More industrial than some of the destinations , but pleasant none the less.

Bar Harbor

Lovely place to stop and very pretty , tendered in to shore , the pier is right next to the town.

Portland (Maine)

Perhaps not the prettiest place , but interesting to wander around.

Boston

10 minute shuttle bus ride into Boston, no queues to get on or to return to the ship. Dropped off in the centre , no wait for shuttles. Boston , like any large city really.

24 Helpful Votes