3. Carnival Ecstasy
Took the Ecstasy for a 6 day to Bermuda. We have been on the Ecstasy before. The crew was great and they took care of any issues very easily. Food was good and everything was clean. Entertainment was top notch. This is an old ship and all the public areas are above the rooms. The whole cruise was great, weather was so so but carnival didnt make the weather. trouble didnt come till the very last day. Captain warned us that we would be in 4 hours late due to the heavy seas and strong head wind. but over night i got a letter saying i needed to go to a deck 8 lounge to meet with customs. It stated i would owe the customs money. I only bought 2 cartons of cigarettes even though the guy tried hard to sell me 4 cartons. you are only allowed one carton per passenger and since it was only me and my wife that makes 2 my limit. I also bought her some jewelry at the fun shops that was over 700 dollars but then again for two people it is 1600 total. I had maybe 50 dollars in trinkets from the port so i was way under on customs. BUT Carnival turned my name in as oweing duty as if i was travelling alone. Mean while my daughter got the same type of letter becausse she spent 1300 at the fun shops. So 1030 i get in line as the ship docks. and hour later there was no one yet. one guy showed to do this ( this isnt carnivals fault) but me standing in line was. Finally i was next and inside 45 seconds the customs officer after looking at my statement stamps me approved and sends me on my way. BTW my daughter had the exact same experience. Anyhow now i had to get in line to leave and we were in port nearly an hour by this time. Lesson learnt was dont spend more on board than you can individually bring ashore duty free, it doesnt matter if there are 2, 3 or 4 of you in your party. There were a lot of people in that line and i was close to the front.I feel for those at the end. If carnival selected with a bit more intelligence it wouldnt have been an issue at all. The food was overall really good. I love the ribs, and the service this time was impecable. From sit down to stand up only an hour, usually it is more like 90 to 120 minutes. We did have 3 sea days so brunch was something i love on carnival and it was as usual delicious. The band Lexappeal was awesome and was even included one night in the stage show. The male and female singers were great. The other performers were also very good and each had a very different genre and in its own right appealing. The ship doesnt have a big screen but I dont really watch movies often. The port was ok. Glad i went , probably wont return. Things seems a bit more pricey than normal. I took a shore excursion to see the whole of the island and they did that for sure. I think if I did return i would take the ferry over to hamilton for the shopping. Just my 2 cents. Let me finish on a totally up note. The crew was fantastic. obviously the management is doing a bang up job. Oh and I am including a pic of my towel animal.....

The Good and the Bad

mredandchis’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A m107
good clean and functional, i dont spend much time in the cabin
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Charleston
    Parking is strange in the port. You can easily get boxed in. it isnt hard walk to the terminal but they do have shuttles
    View All 249 Charleston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Charleston Cruise Port Review
  • King's Wharf
    The tour was good as it did let us see the entire island. WE drove by places. They did stop in hamilton for a rest room break and we did walk down the street a bit. also stopped at St Georges, there is a resturant right by the water that was real good but pricey if you are on a budget, also so a pink beach that was extremely disappointing. Yes pick up some sand and you can see some pink particles in it but maybe 1 per hundred grains. and we stopped at the light house. Unless you are fleet of foot you wont make the top and back during the stop. The driver gave us all the history and current life style on the island. The island is very pricey.
    View All 12,970 King's Wharf Cruise Port Reviews