• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Seabourn Encore Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

Return to the Encore one year on. Is it really ultra luxury cruising?

Review for Seabourn Encore to the Mediterranean
JoaoPortugal
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2018
Cabin: Veranda Suite

Exactly one year since my cruise on one of the two larger ships in the Seabourn fleet. This time again the Mediterranean, with every suite taken. I expected a few signs of wear and tear, but the level of maintenance is outstanding. The only small indications I noticed, were that carpets, while not worn at all, are looking a bit dull in high use areas, and many edge areas of marble flooring have had to be repaired due to cracking. The ship remains beautiful inside and out, with our suite, and all public areas immaculate. All areas just pristine with cleanliness and understated luxury. The most stunning ship I have sailed on to date, and the most comfortable veranda suite.

I was interested to experience the onboard service, given many of the negative comments of past reviewers. I have to say that I think the customer service has improved. Without exception every crew member was polite and professional, and on top of that, the vast majority were engaging, friendly and went out of their way to satisfy every need. The breakfast service in the Colonnade, and dinner in the main dining room, has definitely improved, and the iPad technology works well. Not one late or mixed order. Food always arrived hot. Excellent.

My expectations are high given the fares guests pay, and the Seabourn claim, that their service is ultra luxury, note ULTRA luxury. Based on this, let me explain where I think things need to be improved.

Veranda Suite