• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Explorer of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
1960 reviews
12 Awards

Specialty Restaurants Very Good! (only)

Review for Explorer of the Seas to Pacific Coastal

Nanaimo Inlet
Explorer of the Seas  Docked in Nanaimo
Raul, Good Man, everywhere on Ship + Waiter at Chops! Fabulous
Chops - Desert Warm Chocolate Cake Ice cream topped with candy wafer! Delic
Victoria - High Tea Beautiful Experience at the Empress Hotel!
Explorer of the Seas Restaurant "Giovanni s Table - Deserts ,Panna Cott

Have traveled with Celebrity (Solstice) and Holland America..First Cruise for awhile and booked with a friend. She cancelled, thank goodness as the inside Cabin was soo small,

The cost of this cruise was low priced though, and through Travel with Alan group. Spoke to some cruisers who paid $199.00 (for two) the same cabin and cruise through Royal Caribbean lines, and another woman who paid 600.00 through Costco.

The embarkation was quite easy and friendly people. Then the fire drill outside.

Interior

Cabin 4V

Inside Cabin was soo small, only one chair. A definite ONE person Cabin! (If with a spouse it may be ok) A lighted scene of water with curtain! A friend said she did not have the lighted scene on wall, ha ha. Maybe the location of my cabin? Or a single person cabin? The cabin was clean, attendant Rolando Azucena was kind, polite always asking if I needed anything, which I did not. Except I had to ask someone for Lotion. The cabin is very dated compared to other ships, experienced. I found this on someones review which I thought was a perfect description of the Bath and Shower. "Beam me up Scotty, Star Trek Transporter (round with sliding doors) water pressure fine, slow with hot water.

Inside cabins receive nothing but Towels which seemed strange. At times it felt like I was in our past Motorhome bedroom and bath. This was the only cabin available on this cruise when I booked with Travel with Alan group. (I would book with Alan again!)

3 Helpful Votes