Azamara Pursuit Cruise Review

Words Ccannot Express My Disappointment

Azamara Pursuit Cruise Review by shutterbug29

• Sail Date: Aug 2018
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Club Oceanview Stateroom (obstructed view)

I chose this cruise since I have sailed with the cruise line since 2007. Every cruise has been sensational!

Having sailed on the Adonia I was looking forward to see the changes that Azamara had made.

I was so excited to sail on the Pursuit and the wonderful itinerary including Iceland. It was wonderful to see so many of the crew that had been brought over from the other ships. That is where it all ended....I spent a small fortune (more than I have ever spent on Azamara) for the most underwhelming cruise that I have ever been on.

The ships excursions were ridiculously overpriced. Larry Pimentel explained that they were so expensive because they decided to use vans instead of busses so the guests could have a better experience . Well...I took a private van tour in Reykjavik with other AZ guests that was under a $100 per person. It covered all the same stops as the AZ tour.

The entertainment was underwhelming. The assistant cruise director was the highlight of the Az Entertainment staff. The singers and dancers needed a lot of work. The outside entertainment was very good (especially Mandy who never disappoints).

How so much goes on in the Den was a bit overwhelming. With the piano in the middle of the room it was amazing how anyone sitting at the bar could have a conversation or the offices moved up there could hear themselves think. Too much going on in one place at one time.

The food and service in the dining room was adequate (nothing spectacular) The food in Windows for breakfast and lunch was the most boring that I have ever had. It never seemed to change.

I never thought I would write such a review for Azamara. I was always your biggest cheerleader.

shutterbug29's Full Rating Summary

Club Oceanview Stateroom (obstructed view)
Cabin 08 6033

Having sailed in the same cabin on the Journey and the Quest I knew what I was getting into. I chose it for the price.

shutterbug29