3. Serenade of the Seas
My husband and I had a wonderful time on our cruise. All of the personnel that we dealt with, from our cabin steward to our restaurant staff were wonderful to deal with. We had a wonderful time at all of the activities, but most especially the 80's Dance Party. Our weather was perfect. We feel that the food was not always at a high standard (i.e., occasionally not as hot as it could have been and the steaks were sometimes not tender). We do feel that everyone on the ship went out of their way to make sure that we enjoyed our cruise. We also especially enjoyed the piano bar, especially Danny. The shore excursions were the only area that we had an issue. Halifax (Peggy's Cove/Titanic Graveyard) - Peggy's Cove was more than we could ever have dreamed of. I wish we had picked an excursions that was only that stop. We only landed up having about 45-50 minutes, so there was no time to go into the store, get food, or see the town. We would have liked to have time to sit on the rocks and just relax. We did have a huge issue with the bus service. It was very warm (80's) and the air conditioning on the bus was either not working or working poorly. People were complaining and asking them to turn up the air conditioning, especially since the windows did not open. I started to feel so sick that I thought I was going to faint. The next day we ran into other people that said they they almost fainted also. It was terrible and ruined the rest of the excursion. New Brunswick (Hop On/Hop Off Big Pink Bus) - We started out very disappointed with the bus service. We had to have waited almost 1 1/2 hours for the initial bus to pick us up in the parking lot. The parking lot was full of people, standing in direct sunlight on a very warm day, waiting (people in wheelchairs, with canes, etc.). The bus service was poorly run. Otherwise the tour was okay. The Skywalk was a little disappointing and was much smaller than the picture. We were done in 15 minutes. Bar Harbor (An Intimate Look at Acadia National Park) - This tour was the highlight of our cruise. Despite the fact that Immigration showed up an hour late and caused a commotion with all of the tours that had to wait for their passengers, our tour of Acadia was wonderful! It was even more beautiful than we imagined. We had a wonderful time in Bar Harbor. Overall, despite some disappointment with our shore excursions, our cruise was a wonderful experience and we would love to go again in the not very distant future.

Wonderful experience!

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Windycindy

The shore excursions were the only area that we had an issue.

Windycindy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V 7579
The cabin was clean and pleasant. We had no issues with our cabin.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins