Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review

Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review by mayaart

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Suite

I wanted to try Regent's new ship Explorer and the transatlantic crossing gave me lots of sea days to explore the ship. We also had some interesting ports of call in Madeira and Spain.

We flew into Miami on our own and used a hotel shuttle to get to the cruise port. Very easy and economical.

First time I've been on a ship that joined in a search and rescue for a passenger overboard.The captain and cruise director kept us informed of what was going on as several cruise ships joined in searching the grid along with Coast Guard out of Spain. Fortunately it was not one of our ship passengers or crew. The search was not successful and was called off after about 12 hours as odds of surviving that long in the cold water were not feasible.

Service was excellent everywhere.

Disappointed that the onboard lecture series did not exist, especially with so many sea days. When I inquired they told me the lecturer had to cancel at the last minute. I think they should have tried to come up with something.

New layout of cabins on this ship and decided it was worth it to upgrade to the lowest level concierge. They actually turn the cabin so the bed looks out through the balcony doors instead of a blank wall.

Dining was excellent. Prime 7 layout is huge. Chartreuse wall banquets are not meant to hold people..

mayaart's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Suite

Loved the layout with bed facing the balcony.

Really comfortable room and bed.

mayaart