3. Crown Princess
1. We had booked a cabin and the pictures on the web site did not show that this would have pull down beds stowed and a column in the cabin this greatly reduces the limited space and we should have been made aware of this when we booked back in February 2107. We could have then made an informed decision on the cabin instead of me keep hitting the bed that stuck out from the wall with my shoulder as there is very little space to pass. 2. The staff on board (not the officers in White) Did not seem to have much regard for guest’s. The staff walking through guest’s as if they had right of way and not waiting until guests had passed. Very rude! 3. Staff members siting in the main lobby deck 5 midships eating but more importantly taking up limited seating. 4. All areas of the ship need a good clean all the glass on all open areas are not just dirty they are filthy. Up on deck 15 I used a damp cloth and cleaned a circle in the dirt. On the lower decks you could see were the sea had washed some parts of the window and left strikes of dirt showing. 5. On port days the sun loungers were stacked and strapped and when we asked the deck crew to unstrap them, so we could get a lounger as the rest were taken, the crew said that is not my job and I don’t know who to ask, this was not a one off but each port day. Even the bar staff could not do anything, for not only us but the other guests who we witnessed asking the same questions. 6. Your Captains circle benefits states. Princess Passport Our special Princess Passports are another Member exclusive, giving you a unique way to record your memories of treasured adventures. Collectible Destination Stamps Every time you sail with us, we will give you a stamp depicting the destination you have traveled. The stamps are signed by the Captain and can be displayed in your Princess Passport. Gold Member Recognition Pin When you return for your second Princess cruise you will receive your Gold Member pin which you can wear proudly to show that you are a Member of the Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle. This was not mentioned or provided. 7. Drinks package. I had asked for gratuities to be removed from automatically being taken but When I questioned why it was added the reception informed me it was compulsory on all drinks packages. This is not a gratuity??? The reception showed me a slip showing that the gratuity is added and then is the very small print it says a service charge. What is going on it either is or it should just be added to the cost and not miss lead Guests. 8. On our last day on board we were told to be out of our cabin by 8am. We were told to meet at 9:20am which we did and by 10:30am we were at the Airport. Great but you had booked us on a flight back to Heathrow for 15:00 Thanks a lot……. 9. As you would imagine from the above we do not feel brand new and will be booking our next cruise with another cruise line to see the difference, it will not be a member of the carnival cruise group. 10. Generally, the bar staff work hard but at busy times are under maned and this leads to long waits to be served. Bar on level 16 to busy at times talking to each other to notice customers waiting to be served. This was a daily occurrence and not a one off. We do believe in complementing when things are right and the waiting staff at our dinner reservations were excellent very courteous and worked very hard Table 72 in the Bochecheli restaurant. Rommel and Boris. Also, the waiters for all meals On our first week of our cruise we were lucky to have NoPa (excuse the spelling) as our stateroom steward. He not only did a great job each day but went the extra mile when we explained a problem with not having a charging lead he managed to source one for us to use until we managed to buy one on shore. (Reception were unable to help in any way). Well done Nopa an excellent representative for Princess you could do yourselves no harm in employing more like him. Unfortunately, he was moved to another deck for our second week. The staff at the lobby bar deck 5 were very good especially Alex, Anthory and Philip. A very busy bar. And Francisco on deck 16. I had a long debate with one of the reception staff and finally asked to speak to a manager. I spoke with Tania Lopaz Apolinar the front desk supervisor who was very professional and courteous and sorted the problem out straight away thankyou Tania. Because of the points raised above you have probably lost us as customers, but we spoke to lots of other guests who had been on 11-15 cruises who all said the same things. If you want to keep those long standing customers you may want to look at the points raised.

Could do so much better

Crown Princess Cruise Review by medmunds

6. Your Captains circle benefits states.

Princess Passport

Collectible Destination Stamps

Gold Member Recognition Pin

This was not mentioned or provided.

medmunds’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IF P235
See main review fold away beds create a hazard and we were not made aware they were in the cabin
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins