3. Vesteralen
I bought trip by phone, from Australia to UK, as no local office, so had to pay in £, thus more conversion fees. I had seen an ad online about reduced fare for solo travel from Kirkenes to Bergen. Each ship is different, and I realised I was on an old one. A newer one has far more facilities. I got the cheapest cabin, without porthole, which was fine. It can be very noisy at night due to ship vibration. Bad weather occasionally required seasick pills. It was very cold and wet and windy in September. No entertainment, only books, so make sure to take your own.WIFI costs 200K for 5 day trip. Tea and coffee are free with meals, otherwise very expensive. I took a thermos cup and asked for free hot water in the cafe, making my own brought tea and coffee in my cabin. Alcohol is prohibitive, so I bought a 1litre cardboard box at a wine store, 120K, and drank it in my cabin.

Solo Trip

Vesteralen Cruise Review by lambert

lambert’s Full Rating Summary
Get Hurtigruten Vesteralen price drops

2 beds, no porthole, 2 closets, desk and chair, bathroom, WIFI good, back of ship.