3. Viking Rolf
Our family, of four, wanted to take a special trip to celebrate our high school senior's graduation. She chose France. As a senior citizen I wanted a relaxing tour, yet one which included the famous monuments, museums, and palaces. We found the perfect combination in the Paris-Normandy Viking River Cruise. We took the extended cruise and spent three days in Paris, visiting the special attractions in The City of Light. By chance we were there on Bastille Day and the day France won the World Cup! When we boarded the Rolf, we were delighted to find our ship and cabins to be just what we needed: immaculately clean, comfortable and with adequate storage space. We enjoyed eating in the lovely dining-room and on the more casual aquavit terrace It was fun to experience delicious new foods and delicacies while watching the shore roll by. We had cautioned our teen that she might be the only young person on the ship, but were amazed to find many of high school and college age on board. The activities and excursions were outstanding. I appreciated that while the younger members of the family could go on those that required more energy and endurance I could chose those that were easier or even remain on the ship with friends. Surprisingly, one of the excursions I enjoyed the most and will always remember was to the Monet Gardens. They were absolutely gorgeous. Normandy, Omaha Beach and the American Military Cemetery were very meaningful for each of us, but especially to me, since I was a child during WWII. The entire trip was definitely beyond expectations. I have been recommending Viking to all my friends. Our family would love to go on another river cruise and have even been discussing it.

Beyond Expectations

Viking Rolf Cruise Review by BredenFamily

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Europe
BredenFamily’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Rolf price drops

Cabin 116 and 118
We were happy with our two cabins, but would have liked to have made up-grades. We made reservations in February for a cruise in July, but the only cabins available were water level. Next time we will know to make reservations even earlier!

The cabin cleaning staff was fantastic, very thorough and accommodating.
  Viking Rolf Deck Plans