3. Viking Jarl
We picked this cruise to do an early summer short European cruise. We had looked for a while but all suites were fully booked. Then I found this date with a suite with possible upgrade to the Explorer suite, the best cabin. Two weeks before the trip we were confirmed for the upgrade. When we arrived we were very pleased with the suite. What we didn’t realize that being at the back of the boat with an upriver trip we were going to be subject to a large amount of engine noise. Apparently there was an engine problem. But at night we were subject to 93-98 decibels of engine noise despite the best the captain could do. So the service was great, the program was great and the food awesome. The itinerary of shore excursions was also very good. We thoroughly enjoyed everything - except being in our cabin when the ship was underway. We slept poorly due to the noise and thus were tired during the day and had difficulty enjoying the excursions. From this experience I would have to warn anyone away from spending the money to have the top suite. Maybe going downstream there is less engine noise. I would do the trip again but not in that cabin.

Great cruise but the noise when moving was terrible.

Viking Jarl Cruise Review by SpineMD

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Explorer Suite

I would do the trip again but not in that cabin.
SpineMD’s Full Rating Summary