3. Viking Tor
Because of a drought, water in the Danube was low and the ship was unable to sail to some of the places we were to visit. So, we were bused to those towns and then bused back to the ship. We did manage to sail from Nuremburg to Regensburg, but then had to switch ships to one further down the river. That took an entire day. We had four beautiful hours sailing the Wachau Valley, but that was it! In the evening I thought we'd at least be able to view the river from our room, but NO because we were parked between two other boats. Before we left for our trip I'd heard that other cruise lines were giving their passengers the opportunity to cancel with a full refund. When I called Viking to check on our sailing they said everything was fine...no worries. Many of our extra excursions were cancelled. No apology from Viking, but they did give us a 25% voucher off our next sailing---FAT CHANCE!

Our "Romantic Danube" Bus Trip