3. Norwegian Jade
My hubby and I chose this cruise because the ports were so fantastic. Stops in Norway, Iceland, and Scotland. I had always dreamed of seeing Norway and it did not disappoint. We flew to Heathrow direct from Atlanta the day before the cruise and stayed at the Hyatt Place near the airport. Since we arrived in the early morning we had to pay for two nights but it was worth it to have a bed to sleep in. After a 6 hr. nap, we walked across the street and caught a local bus to a pub where we had a Sunday Roast. Fantastic!! We used the hotel hoppa bus to get to and from the airport. It was 5 pounds each way. We then road it back the next morning to catch the Norwegian shuttle. We had previously been on this ship. It was really about the same with a few upgrades. Our inside cabin was small but adequate for us. The first few days the dining was actually pretty good, but as the cruise progressed it seemed like the menu was not very desirable. Really the food was disappointing. The entertainment that was brought on board were actually good. However the musicians around the ship were really not good at all. It was low level music to say the least. But the worse was the seating in the main venue. You were either cramped with no foot room or sat on the front row. The seats were so low you had to have help to get up!! Our room steward was great, in the dining rooms it was very hard to get what you ordered in a reasonable time. Ports - Bergen - Beautiful, easy to walk around on your own. We rode the funnicular to the top (I purchased the tickets on line before leaving home) then walked to the fish market for lunch. We took the Roedne Fjiord cruise. I booked it online before leaving as it was sold out for the afternoon we were there. I can not recomment it enough. It was absolutely amazing. It was three and a half hours into a beautiful fjiord. You do not want to miss this. In Alesund, we rode the little blue train around ($30.00pp USA_ It was a fun way to see the city. Afterwards, we walked around and had lunch in a local fish market/restaurant.

Dream Trip Norway, Iceland & Scotland

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by patmama

patmama’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Inside
Cabin ID
Small but adequate. Shower was a rectangle thus better than those circle showers.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins