3. Celebrity Reflection
Charter group cruise; and wanted to visit Mykonos etc. The ship was fine; compliments both to service, organization and especially the Buffet (great pastries in-particular). Criticism for the internet service; although staff were somewhat understanding. Advertised as 'Fastest at Sea'; it certainly is not. Parent Company Royal Caribbean was faster and less overpriced (all are overpriced). Ship officer confided that ultimately this should be included and fast; indicating internet (WiFi) was their biggest 'compliant & biggest money maker'. As a stock market analyst who must upload at least 2 video reports on economics and market activity daily, I struggled with their system consistently; to the point of using land-based access when in Ports if possible. Downloading was 'fair'; uploading a 75 mb file for my market reports was almost impossible, as my U.S. Server would often 'time out'. The ship gave me a nominal credit; but honestly should not only have refunded the charge of $300. but paid me for my troubles; since the struggle to serve clients impeded enjoyment of the cruise quite frankly. Again; although I liked the ship overall; especially the indoor pool. 'Truth in Advertising' matters. That's where Royal Caribbean also slipped a bit. In 2017 on Allure I had truly fast internet. On the newer Harmony in 2018 it was much slower. Why? It appears RCL expanded the Zoom service to their entire fleet; but they all share bandwidth on the same satellite(s). It's not a question of how many passengers are using it on a Ship, but rather their failure to provision adequate bandwidth/backhaul to share among the ships in their fleet. If they spend the money for more capacity, fuller speeds should resume. In the meantime, I cannot cruise on a Celebrity ship unless they improve this Service. RCL overall is now barely better; but both (same company) can be elevated if RCL parent will spend the money to do so. I emphasize this as I do a couple cruises a year; but will shift the ships or take different types of holidays, if I cannot count on 'as advertised' high speed WiFi. Again otherwise loved Celebrity; and hope the EDGE has a better system; but if they depend on the same limited bandwidth among the Fleet, perhaps not? I would welcome a courtesy response (or consideration) from RCL due to the experience on Reflection. Also I do not know if the satellite services in the Med are inferior to what's available in the Carib.

Great pastries; decent food; super service; pricey drinks; mediocre internet

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by stockseer

stockseer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C2 1024
Cabin was great; accessible. Only problem was WiFi uploading (more so for me than most I presume); and absurd pricing for mediocre internet. The staff and attendant were excellent; and aside my need for 'really' functioning WiFi, I would gladly travel Celebrity again.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins