3. Norwegian Escape
To avoid Florence we cruised to cape Canaveral and GSC instead of Bermuda. Captain Giovanni did a remarkable job keeping us safe! He totally avoided rough seas. Each day was beautiful in the 80's and very calm seas. We missed nassau to give us 3 days to return. But as they said, "the ship is the destination". And it certainly was. No kids to speak of on the cruise since school started. Just a few toddlers. That's why I always cruise when school is in session. The escape has a couple of new venues. Food republic and tapas. Both were excellent! Great sushi at food republic. Had lunch there twice. Tapas had wonderful small plates. Had the lamb sticks and they were excellent. Try the dates wrapped in bacon! Delicious! Prices were very reasonable. quality of food and service at main dining rooms was great. Cagney had the same quality of food as the main dining. Not impressed. In fact the lobster bisque had a very odd flavor and I couldn't eat it. Had a lobster at the seafood restaurant. It was just ok. But everything else was wonderful. District brew house was a nice place to relax, read and have a beer. I never eat at the buffet on any cruise so I can't comment here. Saw the dinner show choir of men. Great show! Served beef Wellington which was very good. Well worth the price. I didn't care for the brat pack. Not my cup of tea but the performers were very talented. The story line was weird. But all other shows were very good. Wine lovers was ok. I really don't care for wine so I guess this was my bad. I had the UDP but I only have one drink a day so this was a waste, but it was free. My cabin Stewart was wonderful! My room was always made up when I returned. The staff on the entire ship were happy, friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Even though we missed our original port and missed nassau I must say this was the most enjoyable cruise I've had. Btw... This was my 15 th cruise (most on NCL) and I usually cruise solo. I'm 69 yrs old.

Beautiful ship! Great cruise despite Florence!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Cabin fever1111