Pacific Jewel Cruise Review

Worst Cruise Ever

Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by HazelA

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: the South Pacific

Had a Mini Suite our bad luck.

The Bathroom had a leak we had a wet bathroom floor with water seaping through the cracked bathroom tiles thought out the cruise. The outside door closer was broken I reported it the first night and was told they did not have a replacement, 3 days later after a storm when the water came through the door they managed to find one and do a replacement. I reported the bathroom leak when I saw it but nothing was done until the next day when the room was flooded. We had a dehumidifier in the cabin all day, when I asked where we could go during that day because of all the noise and the carpet being lifted I was told a public lounge. The first night the shampoo holder fell off the wall because one of the rusty screws had broken, next day the cabin steward advised us it had been fixed, the wife touched the shampoo holder than night and it fell on her foot the other rusty screw had broken. On the third night the outside door rattle I had reported on the first night was sorted was sorted. We had paid extra for one of the best cabins remember. One night during the cruise I decided to have a bath, when I turned the tap on brown sludgy water came out of the tap this would have been because it had not used in a long time, I would have though the bath tap would have been turned on from time to time to stop this happening and also saving the guest from the job of cleaning the bath before they could have a shower. Having to buy morning and afternoon tea was a step down from other cruise ships we had been with canteen type dinner arrangements. On night we were put with four other guests who talked to each other a lot and did not appear much interested in the meal. We waited a very long time for them to finish their entree in the end (after about 45 minutes) we summoned the waiter and ordered our main which after 20 minutes had still not come so we summoned him again and was told they were waiting for the other people on the table to order, when we finally did get our main we had been at the table for about 2 hours. The other people on the table again took a very long time to finish their main course and again a long wait hoping we would get to order desert in fact it was so long we never got a desert because it was 9:30 pm and the dining room was closing, over 3 hours and no desert. The food at the Dining room was OK but the food at the Pantry was plain and bland the cake and custard pudding was not good. The theater is not a proper theater you sit in arm chairs and the floor does not slope so if you are a few rows back it can the difficult to see the stage, the shows were OK without being great. The entertainment is based around the theme parties, they were "Black party" "Back to School" and "Gatsby" good fun for the under 40 age group but a bit corny for the rest of us. The ship is quite old and it shows it. In summary if you want a cheap cruise you are under 40 and are not to particular about the refined things of life it could be for you, if you like things to be special with high quality service then most likely it's not.

HazelA's Full Rating Summary

Cabin in very poor condition

HazelA