3. Explorer of the Seas
first cruise. wanted a short one to try out our sea legs. for an older ship it's in great condition. lots of art on the walls. easy to navigate. plenty of spaces to sit and chill (library on 7th can be nice although sometimes it's packed with folks playing games). whoever designed this ship gets a gold star from us! the top deck areas are awesome. there's a walking and jogging track next to the big screen with music. mini golf is fun (albeit very breezy when we played). sitting by the flowrider while the ship departed from Victoria was sweet. food is abundant. buffet is busy for breakfast and lunch but quieter for dinner. check out the back area of the buffet for some interesting choices. tons of options, some I liked better than others. they have a few buffet items sometimes on the promenade near the pub (one afternoon I snagged prime rib and mashed potatoes and gravy). the main dining room is an impressive space. they have small buffets at breakfast and lunch. it's fun to order several starters along with several desserts at dinner. if you have the package beverage cup you can fill up at red drink stations in the promenade and at the buffet. we liked the Dasani sparkling water (plus sprite and Ginger ale). you can get sprite and ginger ale at the bars, too. had a delicious old-fashioned (my new favorite drink) at the schooner bar while the piano lady played. check out dizzy's on the 14th floor (sometimes you can have that almost all to yourself). our interior promenade view room (6305) worked out great. sometimes got a bit humid but we brought a corded fan and sometimes propped the door open a bit. our room steward worked hard on our behalf. getting on and off the ship in seattle was a piece of cake. Victoria was beautiful but I don't think they are doing this trip anymore. in seattle we had dinner at Palisade restaurant (near the port) and stayed at Hilton Homewood suites also near the port (they have a stay and park option). really the only downside to the trip is that on sea day the ship went out into the Pacific Ocean and started rolling side to side (because it was going so slow?) which affected me somewhat but really got to my wife. we had sea bands and were drinking sprite and ginger ale and Dasani sparkling water. for me green apples really helped. my wife still had a good time but definitely struggled with the motion. maybe she's a good candidate for the patch if we go on another cruise. the seas were very calm on our trip which makes me wonder how it would be during a storm. the cruise brochures make it seem like sea sickness isn't a thing (the ships are large and have stabilizers, etc.) but we discovered it is. we parked next to the celebrity solstice in seattle (explorer played tag with it that evening). that was a nice-looking ship and looked about the same size as explorer. in Victoria it was the star princess next door along with the oceania regatta. anyway, aside from the sea sickness would definitely go on another cruise and we have a good opinion about royal.

We loved this ship!

hartcons’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

Promenade View Interior
Cabin 1T 6305
we thought an interior cabin would be cramped and stuffy but not this one. plenty of room for 2 people. a/c worked fairly well. we did use a fan to help the air keep moving (got a bit humid sometimes without the fan). firm bed. good shower. near (but not too near) the elevators. didn't hear much noise from the promenade (or anywhere else). there's a window that looks out to the promenade so make sure to close your blinds before wandering about in the buff!
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins