3. Norwegian Pearl
I chose this cruise because Alaska has always this giant land mass separated from the lower 48. i have read about it. I have viewed countless documentaries about it. I have viewed numerous tv shows about it. I decided to do something about it. The Norwegian Pearl was a great ship. The ship's crew was warm, friendly and helpful. The food was great. There were plenty of entertainment choices. Norwegian's casual dress code put formal dress nights and the unnecessary expense into moth balls. You can wear anything respectable. Tshirts, trunks, bathing suits, shorts on deck and in ports. Alaska experiences 325 rainy days per year; especially in September. Remarkably, we had 7 unseasonably sunny days. The locals sited that the sunny weather in September was truly a rare occurrence. The onshore shops that sold local goods were my favorites because I wanted to contribute to the local economy. The White Pass Railroad train ride in Skagway is a must do excursion. I would schedule this in advance of the cruise because it is the most popular excursion. If you wait until you ge onboard, it may be too late. Ketchikan was my favorite port. The city is beautiful and full of fascinating thing to see. Especially the totem park. I plan to take this cruise again in the future.

Alaska- the Undiscovered Jewel of America

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by whistleman77

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

I plan to take this cruise again in the future.
whistleman77’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 10082
Our cabin was reasonably spacious for a cruise cabin. Having a balcony with a sliding glass door gave the room a degree of openness. I didn't feel claustrophobic as compared to an inside cabin with no windows.
The room was clean and well appointed. Everything worked. I especially like the fixed body wash and shampoo dispensers in the shower. The shower stall also provided a retractable clothes lines to hang wet swimming clothes.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins