3. Carnival Vista
Overall, I could not have asked for a better cruise! We chose the Vista because we wanted a newer ship with lots of on board activities. It wasn't perfect, but really was wonderful. We arrived in Miami the day prior to the cruise and stuck pretty close to the hotel. Our adult daughter and her fiance joined us on this cruise, but their cabin was on a different floor. We had a balcony cabin on the 9th deck. This was our first time booking a balcony and we LOVED it. We spent countless hours watching the ocean. The cabin itself was comfortable and felt more spacious than others we have had. I do advise to chose your cabin carefully. We loved everything about ours except it was right under the Lido Marketplace. We heard feet stomping, chairs sliding, and just general noise 24 hours a day. Thankfully, we stayed very busy during the day and fell asleep quickly at night. We chose the anytime dining and I have slightly mixed feelings about that. It was super convenient and we never had to wait long for our table. However, I did miss getting to know the wait staff. We had someone different every night and I think the quality of service as a little less due to that. The food was great! We also visited the steak house one night and it was excellent! Our cruise director was Chris the Flying Scotsman. He was outstanding! Every event we attended was high energy and lots of fun! My favorite was the 80's Rock and Glow party. We enjoyed all of the ports of call. A few tips: St. Maarten--island is still heavily damaged from Hurricane Irma in Sept of 2017. Especially the French side. We took the "10 Best Tour", but we referred to it as the Tour of Tragedy. I wish we had just taken the water taxi over into town and spent the day near the water. St. Kitts--We took the rainforest cruise excursion. If you love nature, this is a MUST! San Juan. We spent the day exploring Old San Juan by foot. I highly recommend visiting the Capitol Building. Next time, we will visit the rainforest here as well. Grand Turk---Crowded and hot. We wish we had book an excursion to go snorkeling away from the main crowds. We rented snorkels on the beach right by the pier. IT was enjoyable, but we didn't see much. The ship itself was fabulous. We went to the Thrill Theater, Imax, saw a couple of shows, spend some time in the casino, attended a few events, and spent time relaxing. We never went to the water park, pools, or road the sky ride. The staff went over and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed.

Wonderful vacation

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by TimAndrea27103

We enjoyed all of the ports of call. A few tips:

The staff went over and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed.
TimAndrea27103’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 9383
Our cabin was very comfortable and a great location, central to everything. Our only complaint was the noise from Lido deck above. I would not chose a cabin in this area again. The balcony was awesome, though!
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins