3. Norwegian Bliss
We wanted to do an Alaskan cruise and when we saw the new Bliss we knew we had to be on it. We were not disappointed. From the airport we took a shuttle to the Westin downtown Seattle and arrived one day before the cruise. We booked our shuttle through shuttle express and it was $39 for the two of us. While in Seattle we visited Pikes Market both days as it was very close to the hotel. The flowers at the market are beautiful and watching the guys throw the fish was fun. We also walked from the market to the Giant Wheel and rode on that. If you want pizza while in Seattle I would recommend Rocco's. It was not a far walk and it was very good. You can even get slices if you do not want an entire pizza. Easy cab ride from hotel to the port at a cost of $8.60. Embarkation and Disembarkation was smooth sailing! Plus we were able to use the Sea-Tac Airport Port Valet service. Boy was this wonderful. In the first days of boarding you complete your form which includes your airline info. You turn it into guest services. On Friday you will know if you are approved and if so you put the Sea-Tac tags on your suitcases, leave them outside your stateroom before 11pm and you will not see them again until you get home. I wish every airport by a cruise ship would utilize this type of service. The ship was amazing! We especially loved the Observation Lounge where we were able to sit and watch whales swimming by the ship. The cabin was a normal balcony cabin. We had a spa cabin #15846 and it was conveniently located by the elevators. The bed was very very comfortable as were the pillows. I had a good sleep every night Our room was kept clean. We did not see our cabin steward much but we did not need to...everything was perfect! We had no issue getting an elevator on the ship. Of course you do have busy times, after the muster drill and after a show lets out but other then that no issues. Dining was very good! We went to Cagney's twice. It was as wonderful as it usually is. We did La Cucina one night which was good but the menu was smaller then we had on other NCL ships. We also tried the Q. We shared two of the platters between two couples and it was enough food. The platters have ribs, briskets, chicken and jalapeno sausage on them. Plus beans, coleslaw and potato salad. And you have a few sauces to choose from which were very tasty. You can get appetizers and sides as many as you want. We ordered corn on the cob. It was the only thing we did not like. We ate in the Manhattan Room on the other nights and our meals and appetizers were good. We also at lunch at the Local and it was also good. Some of the Entertainment on the ship was excellent like Jersey Boys. It is one show you should not miss!!!! We also tried Havana but did not like it and left about halfway through. My husband did Escape the Big Top (escape room) and had a good time and he also did the race cars and found that equally fun.. The race cars do have a fee of $9.95 a ride. We also had the spa pass and utilized it every day. So worth it for me with my back issues. Very relaxing time spent in the spa. I would just ask that the worker's walk around and remove the towels left on the chairs and mosaic loungers. Also it is know that you are not to hold mosaic loungers. I went to lay on one and a man told me he was saving it for his wife who was getting a spa treatment. I told him to read the sign above his head as he is not able to save those loungers and I proceeded to lay down. He did not give me a hard time. And his wife did not come back for an hour. On the Escape the workers took the time to watch and make sure people were not holding these. Which is good since no one really wants to have conflict with another passenger. Also I would ask that NCL do something about the door into the spa area. It is soooo heavy I could not open it and had to ask the workers to help me each time I entered or left the area. The Observation Lounge is so pretty and a great space to sit and relax. There was always space available every time we went in. There is also light breakfast and lunch in there which we ate at a few times. Loved being able to see the whales from the Observation Lounge. On our Thursday, sea day, we were able to see over a dozen. The casino is also fun. I was able to hit a few jackpots while onboard. And if you get 1500 points you can drink for free. I don't drink but it is nice for those who do and do not have a beverage package. The staff was wonderful. Always smiling and happy and greeting everyone. We did tours at every port. At Ketchikan we did the Lumberjack show which was really fun for the whole family. Then we walked and shopped around the cute town. In Juneau we did the Mendenhall Glacier and salmon bake. The views were stunning and the salmon bake was delicious! In Skagway our tour was the Yukon drive and it was a really great tour. Our driver was very knowledgeable and we went all the way up to Carcross Canada. We got beautiful pictures at all our tours. In Victoria my friend and I left the husbands at the ship and we did the Abkhazi gardens and tea house. It was a nice tour and the high tea was delicious. We also did a very nice tour through the city. We did enjoy all the tours we booked. I want to mention again how wonderful disembarkation went with utilizing the Sea-Tac port valet. Great service. Easy to get around with no luggage. Just remember if you are taking a shuttle to the airport or getting on a tour before you leave for the airport make sure you get on the right bus. We had people on our bus that was a shuttle to the airport who were on the wrong bus...they were supposed to be on a tour bus. So it is important that you check and check again to make sure. All in all this was our favorite cruise and I have been on 13 so far. I would totally recommend it for couples and for families.

Best cruise so far!!!

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by CUontheC

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Spa Balcony Stateroom

The staff was wonderful. Always smiling and happy and greeting everyone.

CUontheC’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Spa Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B9 15846
In this cabin the couch is by the window and the bed is by the closet. I would have rather had it the other way but when I booked the ship was still being built and no one knew where the bed would be. It is just hard for me with my back issues to get in and out of the closet with the bed right next to it. The bed was really comfortable and so were the pillows. We slept good each night and heard no noise at all. The cabin is roomy enough for a typical balcony. We had more then enough room for all of our clothes and items we brought.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins