3. MSC Poesia

Our Winter Caribbean cruise aboard the MSC Poesia was wonderful; one of our best experiences ever . We've been cruising since 1972! The ship is beautiful and very well run with an excellent Indonesian crew and Italian officers. The theatre shows were awesome. Having Baseball Greats on board and interacting with enthusiastic passengers was fun! Since we visited five port, all with fascinating history, not being offered on board formal lectures in e.g. Mayan Culture, Lost Continent of Atlantis, Marine Life was a disappointment.

We had perfect weather in all the ports. My wife, and I experienced a thrilling canopy tour over the mountains and rain forests of Montego Bay in Jamaica with the longest Zipline in the Caribbean. She and our granddaughter (7) swam with sting rays and snorkeled in Grand Cayman.

Our daughter (37) had a balcony on deck 9 as a retreat that was lovely. The three of us had a category 3 inside cabin on deck 11. Cabin stewards were unobtrusive and excellent. Minor issue was the shampoo dispenser did not work .

When I read some unfavorable reviews on this site, I was apprehensive. Now my conclusion is passengers who chase the perfect cruise will never be happy. This is a big ship so tender service is a hassle!

There were many Canadians among the international guests aboard this sailing and our 7 year old made friends with their children at the youth program, which she begged to attend. Most often we dined in the main dining rooms. Our head waiter was from Bali and the food was very good; MSC is comparable to Celebrity.

The buffet offered an excellent salad bar, homemade soups, and delicious roasted turkey the one day we were at sea.

MSC Poesia Feb 6-13, 2010 Four and one half Stars

MSC Poesia Cruise Review by PanAm88

PanAm88’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 7 to 9

Cabins 9031(Balcony)and 11096 (Inside) both were excellent.

Our daughter (37) had a balcony on deck 9 as a retreat that was lovely. The three of us had a category 3 inside cabin on deck 11. Cabin stewards were unobtrusive and excellent. Minor issue was the shampoo dispenser did not work in 11096 .

MSC Poesia Deck Plans