3. Norwegian Escape
My friend treated myself, my two children and his children to a this cruise to celebrate the college and high school graduation of 3 of the 4 kids. We booked 3 rooms; two interior cabins and a balcony cabin. We already heard that we had to pre-plan trying to get show tickets, escape room, comedy shows, etc.. and I was prepared for that. the kids were not interested in shows so it was rather easy when we got on board to book tickets... Our room steward was fantastic. He anticipated our every need. We had ice every night and saw that I had a medical condition and made sure I had water as well!!! he remembered our names, which is unusual for larger ships and was extremely helpful. The pool areas were insane. If you were not there by 8:30am, you were not finding a seat. There were too many seats "saved." Staff was very good going around removing items that were sitting there for more than 30 minutes, especially if they knew the persons were not in the pool. The hot tubs were always packed and the one pool area was so loud as they had the music blasting, you couldn't talk without shouting. We had the unlimited "free" drink package that costs us over $250.00 in taxes and gratuities extra per person x5 plus an extra $100 in taxes for a soda package. This was outrageous. They should not call it free if the surcharges are going to be this high. Nonetheless with three 21 year olds we opted for this package. NCL was very generous with their pours....when you were able to get near a pool bars. It took upwards of 20 minutes to get drinks at the pools bars and passengers (not staff) were very rude. The adult Spice H20 was very nice to hang out in, but again, difficult to find seating. They had a nice area to cool off in, the grotto and 2 hot tubs for about 250 people to utilize. There was a large TV screen, but it was difficult to see in the sun. We were on the ship during the World Cup and were unable to see the games on the screen due to the poor quality. Now lets talk about the passengers at the bar that were falling over drunk....It was down right disgusting. I am one for a good time, but they had to close one of the hot tubs because one got sick in it. The there was no control on how much drinking was being done. These drunk passengers were aggressive, pushing their way to the bar to get more drinks getting boisterous with the ships staff. It made for it being very unpleasant to be in the pool areas during the day. At night it was a party scene. Spice H20 turned into a huge party with a theme every night. We went to 80's night and of course the Glow party! We brought our own glow sticks from home along with other light up trinkets!.. The kids enjoyed the parties every night. While my friend and I enjoyed the comedy club and the dueling pianos. Dining. We also opted for the dining package. We booked our reservations 4 months out and were only able to get reservations no earlier than 9pm!! There specialty dining rooms are too small for amount of people on the ship. The French Bistro restaurant and Italian restaurants had to expand to the atrium and the promenade respectively, in order to meet some of the demands of the excessive reservations. We ate the Italian, French and Steakhouse. The French restaurant was sub-par. The food was cold. I had the escargot that was not properly seasoned and rubbery. The food server served our appetizers before getting us water or out wine. She was not versed in the wine and tried to push the overly advertised Veuve Clicquot. We had three advertisements on our table plus the ones plastered throughout the restaurant.. it was an eye sour. The entire night there was something wrong with our orders (missing entree's, cold food, wrong entrees, cold coffee) I was extremely embarrassed as I bragged how good the french food was on the NCL Epic. I made a comment using the comment card regarding this experience and the next day the Director of Food and Beverage called to us personally to ensure that we would not have this experience again... and we did not!!! The Italian restaurant was good, but nothing memorable. Service was good. The panna cotta was excellent Cagney's Steakhouse was our favorite. Steaks were good quality and side dishes were excellent. I had the ribeye. It was cooked perfectly. I also had the mashed potatoes and mushrooms, which I shared with the table. They were very good too.. I skipped dessert. The boys in the group, whom are the meat eaters, really enjoyed their meals. Entertainment was so-so.. Comedy show was excellent and dueling pianos was a lot of fun. However the Brat Pack show almost ruined John Hughes movies for me. All in all we had a great time. If I go again, I would avoid the drink package and go off season, and without the kids :) !

Fun cruise but too many drunks

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by pmleich

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

Dining.

We ate the Italian, French and Steakhouse.

pmleich’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BC 12770
Cabin was what I expected. Extremely clean and considerably roomy for two people. Balcony was small, but not as small as some said that you had to sit sideways..
Shower was perfect size .
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins