3. Emerald Princess
My sister's husband died this year and my other sister and I took her on the cruise of her dreams to Alaska. Our ages are 79, 78 and 75. I love Princess Cruise lines and have made the trip 2X before. The embarkation and disembarkation went very smoothly and we maneuvered in and out quickly. The dining staff was exceptionally friendly, prompt and accommodating. The entertainment was not as good as usual. The one production show was late at night, so we missed it. The comedy was good. The room steward was prompt and helpful. We were disappointed that we were unable to see the glaciers due to unsafe conditions. However, we knew that was not the fault of Princess. The #1 thing on my sister's to do list was to see the Butchart Gardens and the Butterfly Gardens. She talked about it with anticipation a lot. It was our last stop before Seattle. The ship docked at 7:00 p.m. and it was getting dark by the time we arrived at the butterfly gardens. The butterflies had all gone to sleep and were difficult to see. When we got to the gardens, we were told to go to the gift shop first, because they were closing soon, then to the sunken gardens. We only had a little over an hour there. There was little light on the flowers and very difficult to see much of anything. it was so dark that we could not even see the directional signs and had to ask directions to find our way through the darkness back to the bus. A total waste of $109 each! This was my sister's special trip of a lifetime for her and it was far less than rewarding. Very disappointed all in all.

Very disappointing

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by loracA

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Alaska

loracA’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Cabin E114
When we arrived in our stateroom, I was shocked to see bunk beds! Bunk beds are neither acceptable or safe at our ages ~ 79,78 and 75. I had asked specifically for 3 separate beds and a window in the stateroom. I was not aware that a stairwell would be obstructing our view. When I inquired about making a change, I was told there were no other rooms available. Reservations were made 4 months prior. No one told me we had an obstructed view or bunk beds!
  Emerald Princess Deck Plans

• Butchart Gardens
    It was so dark we couldn't see anything. Lights were not good on the flowers in the garden and it was difficult to even see the directional signs. Total waste of time and money! So disappointing.
    View All 266 Butchart Gardens Reviews
  • Butterfly Gardens
    It was late and dark. Butterflies had gone to sleep and were very difficult to see. Please cancel the night tour of the gardens. It was extremely disappointing.
    View All 26 Butterfly Gardens Reviews