3. Majesty of the Seas
We selected this particular itinerary because Havana was the destination; and the ship sailed out of Tampa (within driving distance). We cruised only once 8years ago on Royal Caribbean and felt comfortable with our selection. Only hiccup was arrival at the port...paperwork indicated Dock 3 when ship was actually at 6. So after a steamy walk, we got through check in very quickly. We were in the Windjammer before we knew it! We mistakenly walked past baggage drop off, so we even had our bags with us. Everything fit through security, so no problem there. Cabins were ready earlier than we were told, so we were unpacked and settled in no time! Muster drill was soon after, then we found a beverage and a deck chair to watch sail away. All in all, our cruise was wonderful! From our stateroom attendant to dining staff...everyone was incredibly friendly, helpful, pleasant and totally professional. We ate in the dining room every night because the food was fabulous...even when in port until after our designated dinner time! We did have the deluxe beverage and internet plan...but now I believe internet is a must, beverage maybe not so much. I found I was trying to drink enough to ‘get my money’s worth’ which really took the joy out of it! How many perfectly concocted mojitos can one drink...don’t answer that! We just walked around Key West as I have been there several times without my husband for songwriter events. I showed him all my old haunts (we can always come back on a driving vacay since we are Floridians). We hurried back to the ship so we wouldn’t miss dinner! Havana was very interesting; arrived before dawn so we eerily sailed into the harbor with every deck rail space taken by a passenger. Breakfast in Windjammer began early because of excursions. We took a RC excursion just to be sure we wouldn’t have any issues with paperwork and timing. The guided bus tour took us to major sites around the city. Our guide gave us lots of history and descriptions of the way of life in Havana. After the tour ended, we walked around a little as far as the Capital...then back in time for dinner. Last day was cruising back to Tampa. We participated in the galley tour and endless mimosa brunch...was wonderful. Then in the afternoon we had a wine tasting...very enjoyable. Before, between and after our scheduled events, I was able to find a quiet deck chair to finish my book. The next morning, we did self-depart and we were back home by 10 am!

Already planning next cruise...RC Majesty of the Seas was fabulous!

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Maggie North

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

The next morning, we did self-depart and we were back home by 10 am!
Maggie North’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 1N 8012
8012 was partial ocean view, so not sure of letter designation. I apologize if I got it wrong! Cabin was very comfortable and totally met our needs. Was small, but we made it work for us...empty luggage under the bed and took turns in the cabin while getting ready. We didn’t even know we had neighbors, cabin was so quiet. Bed was very comfortable! Stateroom attendant was very pleasant!
Deck 8 Outside Cabins