3. Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Epic is a very large ship, looks like a block of flats sailing along and on our cruise was full with about 4,000 passengers although there was always adequate space on board and it did not feel crowded. The crew were constantly at work keeping the ship clean. Dining We mainly ate in the Garden Cafe buffet due to my wife's dietary requirements and the range of food was superb and delicious. We also ate at the Cagneys steakhouse and the meal was fantastic although costly about $80. The dining staff were all very helpful and friendly. Entertainment We did not see any of the entertainment as it was all fully booked even at the time we booked the cruise a couple of months before. This is something that needs to be addressed. Shore Excursions Were very expensive but well organised. I did the Sorrento and Pompeii excursion in Naples. Pompeii was extremely hot and very tiring but I am glad I did it. At Livorno we went on the Easy Florence excursion but I cannot tell you much about that as I had an accident and ended up in hospital. We were however accompanied by the tour company manager who stayed with us for the whole day in hospital and got us back to the ship. She was a godsend. In Cannes we did the Grasse and St,. Paul de Vence excursion. Grasse was a visit to a perfume factory interesting but the perfume was very expensive. At St. Paul de Vence we were told it was a 15 minute walk uphill and my wife could not do that so we found a cafe and had a delicious lunch. In Palma we did the scenic Palma and a visit to the pearl factory which was a good tour except that the bus which was operated by TUI had very limited legroom and was extremely uncomfortable. We were dropped off into Palma for a wander around and we caught the shuttle bus back to the ship. This was a much more comfortable coach. To & From the ship We flew from Gatwick to Barcelona on Vueling to catch the ship and the flight was like all modern air transport OK but not a pleasant experience. In Barcelona we were met by taxi and taken to the ship. On the way back we should have had a taxi to the airport but it never turned up, we were fortunate in find a taxi driver who eventually took us. Service Service on board was generally very prompt, friendly and helpful apart from the Finance Desk which considered it a great deal of trouble to issue out euros. Incidentally the currency on board is US dollars and the only ATMs on board are in the casino and only issue dollars. This on a ship sailing wholly within Europe.

Very good but could be much better

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by DGilmour

To & From the ship

DGilmour’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BB 9236
The balcony cabin was nice but with a couple of minor debit points. The wash basin was in the cabin and very exposed and the toilet and shower were walled by see through frosted screens so not much privacy. Adequate storage and the bed was very hard and too short for my 6.0ft length. The balcony was quite roomy but as it was set back it was overlooked by other cabins.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins