Carnival Breeze Cruise Review

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Txxgurl

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View

This was our first cruise for our family. Everything was going great up until the 3rd day. That night I woke up with stomach pains and was pretty much sick for the rest of trip. My family enjoyed it, but after about 5 days, we were ready to come home (especially sick me). Our room steward was amazing! He did a great job making sure our room was clean every day. The wait staff at the restaurants was great as well. Always very pleasant and polite, very helpful. The ship itself smelled like sewer pretty much the entire trip. There was a lingering smell we could not get away from, even if we were out by the pool. Speaking of pool, there needs to be more pools. Two pools for the entire boat is not enough. During peak hours, we were all squeezed in there like sardines. The jacuzzi’s jets were not working, the water would not bubble and there was no way to turn it on. Not one time did I see them clean it and it did not smell like chlorine, so I’m a little suspicious about that. We probably won’t be going back on a cruise with Carnival. Not worth the money for the package. The excursions were fun, but beware, the pictures on then website are deceiving.

Pros: Sit down dinner with wait service is included in the price, you eat and walk out. We didn’t have to do buffet all the time.

Staff is amazing, very well trained and extremely courteous.

Alcoholic drinks are served generously.

Crew tries very hard to keep you entertained - at all times.

Purchasing bottled water was worth every penny, and it’s very inexpensive - I recommend this.

Casino was fun, but boy do the slots get you.

Water attractions are fun for the kids

Cons: Bad sanitation; lingering sewer smell was annoying

Sickness: I got sick on my 3rd day. A stomach bug of some kind. Gross.

Food from the the buffet is B.A.D. Tastes terrible, definitely not fresh (its expected?).

Small pools, they get crowded fast.

Will we do it again? Yes, but on a shorter trip and with another cruise line.

Txxgurl's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin 6L 1419

Lino was amazing room steward. He was very friendly, always accommodating and great service.

Great job, Lino!

At Dinner: Jerry was super energetic, June was very attentive and a joy to talk to. All the staff was great. It’s SHOWTIME!!

Lamanai Mayan Ruins

Tour guides were amazing, very knowledgeable and entertaining. This was by far the best excursion.

View All 131 Lamanai Mayan Ruins Reviews