3. Celebrity Solstice
This was only or second cruise and it has been many tears since the first. We found the ship to be incredible. It's amazing what can fit on a cruise ship! The common areas were awesome and we never felt crowded wherever we went. As for the staff, our room keeper, Rhonda, was a dream. She never intruded on us and somehow managed to keep our room spotless. We had several servers at Epernay that were beyond amazing. Froilan, Christina and Ranburne. They gave us amazing service. We experienced some snarkiness at the martini bar and the third floor bar. In my opinion, the martini bar servers were more interested in showing off than providing service. Other than that, the service was great. Excursions: Ketchikan-we did the nature hike. It was ok. Our guide was knowledgeable enough and we were stoked to see some bears in the water fishing for salmon. Skagway-Mendenhall canoe trip. All I can say is be prepared to work. And work hard. It's a lot of paddling (6 miles there and back). My shoulder still hurts! It was beautiful, yes and our guide Mitch was entertaining but it was not as I expected. Juneau-Eagle preserve raft float-the most enjoyable trip! Saw lots of bald eagles and it was so relaxing. Our guide was an expert on the eagles no doubt. Gorgeous. Victoria-Beautiful place! We enjoyed the lantern tour at Butchart Gardens. Absolutely stunning scenery! One thing we wished is that we had more time in each port. If you do an excursion, there is little to not time left to explore the city. That was a bummer. If you're planning on souvenirs, I thought Ketchikan was the best for that. I did feel like all of the ports were reasonably priced though. We would definitely go again!

Had a Wonderful time! Would go again in a heartbeat!

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by grannykyaya

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Sunset Veranda

We would definitely go again!
grannykyaya’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

Sunset Veranda
Cabin SV 7364
My husband and I enjoyed this cabin location very much. It was on the back or aft of the ship. We had views in both directions and was not as windy as our friends balcony which was on the side of the ship. The constant sound of the water was very relaxing. The cabin was spacious enough and we enjoyed being able to see the mountains and ocean from our bed.
Only negatives, deck furniture could use an update and on the sixth day our balcony was covered in ash which was on our clothes from sitting in the chairs. I was told it was due to trash burning.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins